Gaming SSBBrawl pulling a Wii/Gamecube release?

rice151

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, part of me believes they are just upgrading the Gamecube engine that Melee was based on, especially when it features screenshots with the Gamecube button layout. Again, someone will argue that "They are testing w/ the GC controller" Just thought I'd toss it in the air
smile.gif

It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened...The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess anyone?
Or am I the only one who thinks that it is possible...
music08_070907a.jpg

various03_070815c-l.jpg

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well you can use gamecube controller in the game, so maybe the button layout just depends on what controller you are using.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that it automatically detects what type of controller P1 is using and changes the icons to match that controller.

So if they were using a Wiimote, the button icons would be White-ish and look much like the Wiimote buttons and so on...

happy.gif

EDIT: Yeah, plus you can use the Wiimote, Gamecube, or Classic controller to play SSBB on your Wii. For the Gamecube, you just plug it into the Gamecube controller slot.
wink.gif

smashbros.com said:
Four Kinds of Control

The Nintendo Wii really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.

I guess I have no choice but implement them all!

various01070608apq1.jpg

There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.

hakdizzle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 11 2007, 02:51 PM)]My guess is that it automatically detects what type of controller P1 is using and changes the icons to match that controller.

So if they were using a Wiimote, the button icons would be White-ish and look much like the Wiimote buttons and so on...

happy.gif

Yah ive seen some pc games do that but will have too wait and see

rice151

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 11 2007, 06:51 PM)]My guess is that it automatically detects what type of controller P1 is using and changes the icons to match that controller.

happy.gif

EDIT: Yeah, plus you can use the Wiimote, Gamecube, or Classic controller to play SSBB on your Wii. For the Gamecube, you just plug it into the Gamecube controller slot.
wink.gif

Yeah, I was guessing that as well, we all know the Gamecube controller is going to be the only way to play this anyway!

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Wii Fire Emblem title does that too - detects what the player is using (Wiimote / Classic Controller / GC-Controller) and changes the buttons shown accordingly.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you think about it, Nintendo MIGHT actually be thinking about their... more hardcore (dare I say it?) players...

Because, if anyone's played Smash Brothers on even a slightly advanced level (enough to beat a level 9 computer), then you're smashing buttons all at once. I think this'd be kinda hard to do with the wii remote.

It makes sense to use a Gamecube controller.

And then you gotta think: Nintendo is the grand poobah of making money.
Why not sell MORE gamecube controllers?

'Cause I know I gotta buy 4 new ones when this game comes out.

Blasted Wii prints money like the DS >[

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wii Fire Emblem title does that too - detects what the player is using (Wiimote / Classic Controller / GC-Controller) and changes the buttons shown accordingly.
Yeah, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition changes the buttons if you use the Classic Controller.

I still don't understand why the Gamecube controller isn't supported in the Wii version... But I probably wouldn't use it anyway. Still, it'd be nice to play Seperate ways with the Gamecube controller too... And to use my old Gamecube saves...

squeakypants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i know you love pianists