agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pal wiikey 1.9g updated wii.
I burned the game at 4x using verbatim dvd+r DL, imgburn.
The game freeze a lot during matches and makes a very loud noise when it happens.
Then I reboot and it happens again and again.
Other then that the lower part of the screen can't be seen (covers about half of the precentage
icon).
Currently I can't play due to the freezes.

krusty2515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i kind of had that problem here is what i did

first off, close all the programs that are running on your computer. This includes everything.

Try verifying the disc against the iso in imageburn. There is an option to do that

If that does not work, try burning with nero. That is what i had to end up doing

Verbatim is an excellent brand. Try to burn at 2.4x

kingofkingz24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are directions to get a succesful DVD9 copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl to Work!

If you havent already, burn the DVD5 version, patch it with regionfrii or brickblocker doesnt matter.
(make sure your config disk is set to region override)
Insert the game and let it update 100% , make sure the game works!(2 japanese duplicate channels will appear)

Burn the DVD9 version, no need to patch with anything.

Insert the disk and it will automatically play.! thats it. NOT complicated at ALL!!

NTSC wii with Wiikey 1.9g
Toshiba DL Burner
Memorex DL disk+r 8x
Imgburn 4x

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U Wii, d2ckey

im on Burn #3 here, first one wouldnt spin up, turned the power off and inserted the disc, ONCE i got it to spin and update, updated to 100%, since then it wont spin up or anything (untouched ISO, HP DVD+R DL burned at 2.4x with Nero)

Second disc, burned at 2.4x, Memorex DVD+R DL, Burned with Nero and with modified the ISO with WiigionFree, it spins up fine, but it whitescreens after the Now Loading screen.

now trying #3, burning at 1x (according to imgburn, its actually burning at 2.4x) on HP discs with the untouched ISO in Imgburn. maybe this time will be different...

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
disc #3 (HP, 1x speed on imgburn with untouched ISO) will spin up fine, but whitescreens after the loading screen.

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned it again and there are both slowdowns and the freeze thing with the loud noise.
What the hell is the problem?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
disc #3 (HP, 1x speed on imgburn with untouched ISO) will spin up fine, but whitescreens after the loading screen.

hate2.gif
Â
hate2.gif
Â
hate2.gif
Â
hate2.gif

The Caravan DVD9 release of SSBB doesn't work with d2ckey. Apparently, subsequent self dumps from people in Japan have it working on the d2ckey, so maybe someone else could upload it personally?

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First when the DVD5 version was out I burned one copy brickblocked and the other one with the update, and did the 15% trick.
Then I burned the DVD9 version brickblocked, and didn't run the update. I didn't swap or anything but it worked.
The slowdowns pissed me off so I thought it's happening because I didn't run the update. The next thing I've done is run the full update, from the DVD5 copy. Then I played the DVD9 brickblocked copy.
I burned another copy of the DVD9, non brickblocked.
Do you think I get the slowdowns and freezes because of the wrong things I've done with the brickblocking, updating etc.?

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think setting the disc reading speed to a higher speed using the wiikey config disc will solve the slowdowns and freezes I get?
If so, can someone upload the config disc? the wiikey site is down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)