odolwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys I'm having this problem for a pretty long time,

I decided to use the texture hacks from the Youtube's famous Wiihacker213.
I downloaded the files and it runned perfect, but at the end of each game, it freezed when i pressed A at the winner screen.
I was done from all the hacks and just wanted to play Brawl normally. so i rebooted, took out my SD and launched the game.
This time WITHOUT THE SD it still froze on me! PLEASE HELP
the ''famous'' Wiihacker213's answer on this problem was ''idk?'' so please dudes I want my brawl back. If i run other hacks with Gecko the hacks aren't there.

Cheers,
Odolwa

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not familiar with Brawl texture hacks, but have you tried to delete the save (you should back it up with a homebrew savefile manager before that)? Perhaps the hack caused some crap to be written into the save, it's the only explanation I can think of with the SD with the hack out.

Edit: You'll need a homebrew save file manager because the save has the copy protection flag like all WiFi games I know of. Or perhaps it can be removed via GeckoOS hook stuff or something like that.
By the way, what region do you have? If it's PAL I'll could try the hack to see if I have the same problems and if I can get rid of them.

odolwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gabelvampir said:
I'm not familiar with Brawl texture hacks, but have you tried to delete the save (you should back it up with a homebrew savefile manager before that)? Perhaps the hack caused some crap to be written into the save, it's the only explanation I can think of with the SD with the hack out.

Edit: You'll need a homebrew save file manager because the save has the copy protection flag like all WiFi games I know of. Or perhaps it can be removed via GeckoOS hook stuff or something like that.
By the way, what region do you have? If it's PAL I'll could try the hack to see if I have the same problems and if I can get rid of them.

I'll try that, thanks. BTW here is the hack I got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw4v9JWL5Zo...&feature=iv

Click the PAL download files in description. That's exactly what I did.

Edit: And when i deleted my save file, do I have to play a whole new save file?!
I have to start Brawl all over again? Can't I fix this without starting all over again?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Deleting the safe file was just a suggestion for a test. That's why I also suggested backing up the save before deleting it. If the problem disappears after deleting the save one can search for a better solution than starting over with a new save.
It's just the simplest principle in search for the cause of a problem: elimination of possible causes till everything you can think of is eliminated or you find the cause. Finding a real solution for the problem comes after you better know what causes it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe you have a corrupted iso file from SSBB is it a retail or a fake?

But can you give more info bout you wii?

Fill in thing:

1. System menu:
2. Backup or real:
3. Boot mii as boot 2?:
4. eh which backup launcher?:
5. If 2 is backup, usb or disk?:

@ Gabelvamir: He needs to copy his save to a sd card and then delete it!
wink.gif

odolwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dark Langin said:
I believe you have a corrupted iso file from SSBB is it a retail or a fake?

But can you give more info bout you wii?

Fill in thing:

1. System menu:
2. Backup or real:
3. Boot mii as boot 2?:
4. eh which backup launcher?:
5. If 2 is backup, usb or disk?:

@ Gabelvamir: He needs to copy his save to a sd card and then delete it!
wink.gif

1. 4.1E
2. REAL
3. Yes
4. -
5. -

odolwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tested it by deleting the save file. It was true, it messed up my save file. I could just play without freeze if I started all over again. Is there another way to fix my save file?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
odolwa said:
I tested it by deleting the save file. It was true, it messed up my save file. I could just play without freeze if I started all over again. Is there another way to fix my save file?
I don't think so. If you want to have everything again without playing you could use ocarina codes.

odolwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 said:
odolwa said:
I don't think so. If you want to have everything again without playing you could use ocarina codes.

Yeah but what about my records?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only other idea I have is hacking the save with a save or hex editor (don't know if there is a save editor for Brawl). But I don't have a clue about Brawl savegame hacking, so I don't if that would be feasible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...