Hacking SSBB Backup Reliable?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I burned SSBB on a DVD+R DL and it does work fine, however I have noticed it seems a little.. slow. I know some people will suggest that I just play it on some other media, but the game is 8GB and that's half of the only flash storage I have available to me right now. I've only tested it on a softmodded wii with neogamma, but my Wii which I just replaced the laser on and is about to get a modchip will it have better results? And is it harmful to play this kind of media on a Wii? I know some of the earlier Wii's had a tough time playing Brawl, and the ones that did got worn down really fast. I did use Verbatim DVD's so it should be good quality (I'm hoping). I know I'm asking a lot but like I mentioned I just replaced my Wii's laser and I'd hate to do it again.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Loading from DVD is a lot slower than loading from USB, always has been, probably always will be.
With only softmod the DVD is reading at half-speed (3x) as well.

All burned media wears the laser more than original discs. DVD+ discs especially.

If you dont want to replace the laser every now and then Id say suck it up and get an HDD. You wont regret it.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it doesn't. Just buy a USB hard drive, you can get sub 500GB ones for less than $50. Graphically intense games played off DVD+/-R will always lag with a softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY