SSB3DS have other way to use controller like Wii U does?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by bradzx, Jan 24, 2016.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I don't understand why Nintendo didn't make 3DS controller make harder than Wii U does. I mean SSBWU is huge show off for use any kind of controller that does support. I know you will say "Hey why not buy Wii U and buy SSB Wii U?" I wish that will be simple but bills come first. I have no plan to get Wii U and SSBWU same time. I have tax income but that won't be that simple because I didn't work for a year. I start work since March. Maybe next year I might get it. Does SSB 3DS have hack for controller like wireless controller support?

2. sethirion

sethirion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    CA
    It does have a hack, but no wireless one. Remember the 3DS must have the technology for a specified controller and it doesn't have anything like bluetooth.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You can physically mod your 3DS to wire up a controller adapter, but it's rather involved and the board is $25-ish.

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I seem to remember something about people being able to use custom built controls via iR for games that support CPP. Still, that would be a bit of a task.

5. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Well I never mod my 3DS before.

IR? CPP?

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Infrared
    Circle Pad Pro

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    The reason the 3DS doesn't have controller support is, well, the screen is tiny and it already has buttons built in. If you used a separate controller, you'd have a screen that was so small you could hardly see anything without some sort of device to hold it in front of your face. It's not even possible without DIY soldering a controller to the 3DS.