Square Enix Uploads High Quality Dragon Quest X Trailer

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I see a Zelda at launch or a few months after is a remake of MM, TP or something...

Anyway, about the game, I'll might get it on the wii u.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cosmiccow said:
Some kids are hating on it because it has online multiplayer.

Not quite... it has already been said, the game only lets you play single player for a few hours into the main story... afterwards you HAVE to play it online.

oh yeah, and it has a monthly fee too.

I'm liking the game, but there are too many mmorpgs out there... and i sure as hell wont be paying for a mmorpg on the wii, it was already hard to quit my wow addiction... i don't intend on starting it over with DQX!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
cosmiccow said:

Not quite... it has already been said, the game only lets you play single player for a few hours into the main story... afterwards you HAVE to play it online.

I'm liking the game, but there are too many mmorpgs out there... and i sure as hell wont be paying for a mmorpg on the wii, it was already hard to quit my wow addiction... i don't intend on starting it over with DQX!
Is this true? I'm saving up for a Wii and I don't need any more fees to go around.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Square-Enix obviously don't have enough of one disaster of a MMORPG like Final Fantasy XIV, apparently, they want to lose more money.

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
cosmiccow said:

Huh, Sounds sort of like MH Tri. Cept that when it came over to America they got rid of the monthly fee thing. I also could've sworn I read that you were allowed to do single player the whole way through...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
man... that Dragon Quest intro piece is so epic... I mean, the movie is too, but all throughout i keep getting flashbacks of DQIX's intro cinematic...
biggrin.gif

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hero-Link said:
cosmiccow said:

Okay I can live with thi-

-_-

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
looks really sweet.. im looking forward to ninokuni as the next killer interactive anime gaming experience but this looks appealing for a wii, now maybe i'll get a cheap second hand console and play this along with metroid, xenoblade and zelda
unsure.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Velotix said:
Hero-Link said:
cosmiccow said:

Huh, Sounds sort of like MH Tri. Cept that when it came over to America they got rid of the monthly fee thing. I also could've sworn I read that you were allowed to do single player the whole way through...

This is Square Enix we are talking about, it's not their first MMORPG, look at FFXI and FFXIV, they both came to the west and they both had monthly fees, so i don't think this will change
frown.gif

Yesterday, Square Enix provided early indication that there would be a periodic fee for online play of Dragon Quest X. A FAQ on Square Enix's website confirms it. As translated by Google, "Yes, if you connect to online play will be required to pay the additional fee." The FAQ also noted that players will be required to connect to the Internet to play after the first few hours of the game.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/06/dragon-q...connection-doe/
among lots of other places...

You need to be online even if you don't want to. In my honest opinion, this game will flop, big time.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
God I love that music. I adore it.
But I simply cannot get it out of my mind this game will flop big time in the US, like Hero-Link says. It's just not meant to be a MMORPG. It should have been just like VIII, not like this
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30