Square-Enix Games Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kinzo, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

Square-Enix Games Help by Kinzo at 4:36 AM (1,477 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Kinzo
    OP

Newcomer Kinzo Newbie

Canada
    Well I downloaded 2 torrents and have roughly 90 DS games right now. Every single one I've played (probably around 30 - 40) worked fine after about testing them for 30 minutes to and hour and I had no lagging or crashing, EXCEPT for Square-Enix games. The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and a variety of Final Fantasy games. Apparently there is a patch to fix this, but where is it? I have looked pretty damn well. These games either freeze at the title screen after I click "New Game", near the beginning at the same spots, or a little bit into the game. No Square-Enix title has loaded and worked properly, but every other game from these torrents do. If it's not to much to say however, I got all my FF games from a torrent, TWEWY from another torrent, and KH 358/2 days from my brother (he had it saved and played the ROM on his computer until he beat it). Clearly, it's an issue with it running on a DS.

Also, some Capcom games have a tendency to freeze at points, primarily Pheonix Wright (right after saving, a reset does the trick though so it's not a big hassle since it just finished saving) and Trauma Center at complete random times. Not a big deal though, at least I can play them.

I use an Acekard 2i with my Metallic Blue Limited Edition Mario DSi with 1.4 updated on it. It has been patched via the DSLite Danny Phantom hack so it works fine on my DSi. I'm deeply sorry if it's on this site somewhere, trust me I really am, but I'm sick of looking for it. I know how annoying it can be to get questions that are answered already on this the same site it's being asked on since I go on other forums, but I have given up. Thanks in advance.

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. Kinzo
    OP

Newcomer Kinzo Newbie

Canada
    Not a lot of help. An exact link would be nice . . . .

4. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
  5. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Ooh, that's a fair old swipe at a highly-regarded, highly-valued member @ GBAtemp, especially coming from a second time poster! I can already see you're not going to get too much help on this forum with that attitude [​IMG]

And as an appropriate comment regarsing your response, I would like to quote from the movie "Arthur": Sir John Gielgud to Dudley Moore (Arthur) in the spa bath scene - "...would you like me to scrub you dick also, sir?"

6. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    I never had a problem with TWEWY so I can't comment there but as for the final fantasy games you'll either need to use the AP (anti piracy) bypass cheat or a patch for the game itself the APbypass cheats are generally the easiest to use. you can get the latest cheat database from HERE BUT the most up to date cheats are currently located in the temp database HERE

if there isn't a AP bypass cheat available for you then you can usually find a patch here that will fix the problem OR you could google for a pre-patched rom to save you the hassle of patching it yourself.

I'd give you links to the patchs myself but I'm not going to search for them all XD its easier to point you in the right direction (I hope......=D) and offer alternatives.

Dark^'^Knight: yes because this is ontopic and constructive to the OP, you really shouldn't post if you have nothing constructive to say.

Kinzo: if you want patches the really isn;t just 1 link you could visit to fix them all, you would have to visit multiple threads to get the fixes and you've searched and don't want to search any more we don't want to search for them (again) either. Oh and I've just remember the best place to find a dure fire patch for each game your after is to look at the relaese thread of the game your after patches are almost ALWAYS posted in there when they've been sorted, you'll just have to wade through a tonne of noobs posting "it doesn't work, help, fix it" e.t.c. before you find the patch itself or a link to the thread with the patch XD

either way I hope this helps you Kinzo

7. Kinzo
    OP

Newcomer Kinzo Newbie

Canada
    Funny how a "highly-regarded, highly-valued member" manged to have an apparent lack of help within his post via simply posting a link that didn't even necessarily take me to the section that I needed to be in. I would assume a member whom is extremely valued here (on this site, of course) would most likely post meaningful, responsive and descriptive replies to topics; because you know, that is what a user of such dignified stature would do, correct?

Also, as DarkWay stated, instead of being a complete dick about it, you could have given your own help as that post was in no way on topic. Perhaps you should refrain from being a moron that assumes post count must ultimately equal intelligence from now on in your life.

Thank you so much, DarkWay and ShinRyouma. I really do appreciate the links, they helped me out and I have manged to run a few of the games successfully.

8. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This subforum is for game mods and translations; take your card-specific problems to the appropriate card-specific forum (which has links to the latest firmware and loaders that will fix a lot of games, if you'd bothered to look). Sorry for not holding your hand through stealing a bunch of games.

9. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    well technically, that sub-forum is mostly about hardware/firmware specific problems. I would have suggested the general games help sub-forum myself.

But that would not have been appropriate for this thread, as it's clearly a place where everyone (including OP) gets to act like a dickface to each other. [​IMG]

:::group hug:::