Spoofing an amiibo using Android+NFC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dude22072, Nov 30, 2014.

1. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    You can currently read and backup your amiibo's with Android. You don't need a special app or anything. The "standard" NFC reading/debugging app will let you dump all your info, no problem.

It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to replicate amiibo NFC tags, or to make your own. The NFC tech they use is new and currently secure. It may be broken in the fututre, but you will need to purchase a "magic" amiibo NFC card that can have your backed-up data written to it. Your phone will not be able to do it.

TotalInsanity4 and Fpsrussia117 like this.
  2. SHawking

SHawking Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    London, United Kingdom
    Have there been any updates on the Amiibo hacking/spoofing front? I'm assuming the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask nonetheless, in case something is in the works etc.

Most Amiibos are just incredibly difficult to get - so it's not even a case of me not wanting to buy them and just wanting their perks for free etc - that I've only been able to get the odd one or two from stores. And Nintendo hasn't said anything about increasing the supply of Amiibos, so it's likely I won't ever be able to get them, unless I pay ridiculous scalper prices of if there is some sort of programme to help us regular gamers out :(

FPSRussi4 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  3. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    It's been a while, apparently ToadKing2@gmail.com isn't the Gamecube adapter ToadKing, so it's either a different one or an imposter. RIP teh dream
    I'll still look into decryption once we have the new Webkit exploit working.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Mema Haxx

Mema Haxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    oh hi SHawking

the last legit thing I have seen on the topic were some videos on youtube that were posted in january

fiveighteen and NWPlayer123 like this.
  5. Daniel Walsh

Daniel Walsh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    Registered just for this, anything new yet?

6. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Antarctica
    I looked into it a bit.
    In short android can't emulate the right type which the amiibo uses.

But we can read/write the data, right?

Yes we can read without a problem but pretty much all data is encrypted and for good measure also HMAC hashed.

Let's say we break all that (you can find the keys once ISOU got hacked), what can we do?
    Change the user data? Not just yet you need a password to enable writing which is based on the UID so it differs per amiibo.
    Which can be figured out.

After all this could we clone amiibo or change amiibo to another, sadly no Nintendo weren't stupid and put the amiibo character ID in an read-only (unchangeable) area.

So in short all you can do is cheat in smash and whatever amiibo do in Mario Party 10.

Azel, Vappy and Monado_III like this.
  7. WateredFire19

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    This seems pretty interesting is this form..... DUN DUN DUN

DEAD?!?!?

8. kbmarinha

kbmarinha Life sucks...

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    And what about this:

http://codejunkies.com/powersaves-for-amiibo/

Cant we use this to anyting than cheat in game?
    Someting like, find the id thing.. just like in the 3ds private header using powersave.. i dont know.. like, open the sav file in HxD to find something usefull..

9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    So as far as a solution the closest right now is amiiqo and nothing else?

The amiiqo device stores up to 200 of them and right now there's around 70 amiibos out so still a lot of space to fill but the price is just rather too steep. Pay for a device that unlocks DLC which said DLC should have been included on the game without an extra fee. :unsure:

10. 19cookies

19cookies GBAtemp Fan

Aug 12, 2013
    England
    I don't think it's expensive when 70 Amiibo will cost at least £700, £50 to have them all is excellent.

11. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    When you think about it, flashcarts are a good deal but the amiiqo is about getting content that should've been part of the games put out by Nintendo rather than forcing us to buy those overpriced Happy Meal toys. Well, if at some point it drops to £20-30 I'll order one.

12. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    Wow so amiibo cloning is a reality. Just wow.
    I wonder if this could this benefit the hacking scene using a modified amiibo data with the wii u.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  13. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Hey that amiiqo thing is really cool. Wonder if it would be possible to share those w/ other people and not only scanning your own.

14. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    What about for other toy to life?

15. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Like making X amiibo's data uploaded online for others to use? That's a wonderful idea. Maybe in the future such thing will be a reality.

16. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Yes exactly, if that gets started I will def buy that amiiqo thing, having an online amiibo database would be incredible, just the same way everyone shares cia/rom files. have them all on one single site/forum would be just perfect!! =3

17. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    According to the website it has that ability now.

The part that sucks is the Android app as I don't have one device with NFC.

Anyone want to trade an unlocked iPhone 3? Lol

18. 19cookies

19cookies GBAtemp Fan

Aug 12, 2013
    England
    It does say "With our supplied Android app, you can transfer onto your Amiiqo any Amiibo image you possess. Wether it comes from your personal backup, from a friend or even if its an image downloaded on the internet."

19. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Oh that's awesome, actually I dont have an android phone w/ nfc either, but i could borrow one. :)

20. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    This was probably one of the best nfc software around http://n10software.blogspot.com/2015/04/download-nfc-tools-pro-edition.html unfortunately the original developers have disappeared. I think you can find it around other sites as long as your firmware is low enough but be careful getting things that aren't from the source.
    Also I may be able to give a hand here. Has anyone taken one of these apart yet? If so how much glue is on the tag? And by looking can you tell me if the solder joints are exposed or hidden? Specifically the memory chip section of the tag.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted