Hacking Spoofing an amiibo using Android+NFC?

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have downloaded it? Because it seems like it was taken of the play store, but if someone has downloaded it, they could upload the apk somewhere else.

No, If I had I would be glad to share it. I did ask at that site about other ways to download it so I'll wait and see what I get for an answer.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know i was wondering the very same thing.. an android developer i know that NFC is similar to Bluetooth minus the need for a power source. but its all data the same. im sure with the right emulation of the data given off from the amiibo it may be possible to do. now as for a matter of how idk, dont own a amiibo...

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say it again. I don't care who anyone claims to be, or what they claim they can do I will not blindly believe what is said. If the person or people behind that site no matter who they are want to be trusted, they will need to show proof. Not just an average quality website with claims.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No big deal really. I got a Wii U just for SSB, and I haven't played it since November. I keep going back to my PC for League of Legends. And as soon as GTA 5 comes out I probably won't touch the Wii U for another 6 months.

reptiletc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Couldn't someone using a Unix/Linux system simply debug the feed-out information from a wifi-paired Wii U gamepad's RFID scanner when an amiboo is placed on it? Or maybe see if any feed-out info is tossed up when placed on a Skylander's portal.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Couldn't someone using a Unix/Linux system simply debug the feed-out information from a wifi-paired Wii U gamepad's RFID scanner when an amiboo is placed on it? Or maybe see if any feed-out info is tossed up when placed on a Skylander's portal.

All you need to do is figure out how to generate the decryption key (which is what someone's working on), and the rest should be easy.

neuropunk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All you need to do is figure out how to generate the decryption key (which is what someone's working on), and the rest should be easy.
Here are three IDA databases of some Wii U executables which interacts with amiibos, hope this can help PPC reverse engineers ! :)

Attachments

• dbs.rar
    289.9 KB · Views: 400
Reactions: Margen67

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a couple amiibo serials. Dunno if that's useful development on that spoofing thing but I could give them to whoever is developing it

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These amiibo NFS's aren't fancy, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to break in. They'll be hacked before you know it!

The issue isn't that their high-tech, but that it uses a type of NFC (MIRA) that isn't standard with Android and isn't particularly easy to emulate, either (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The issue isn't that their high-tech, but that it uses a type of NFC (MIRA) that isn't standard with Android and isn't particularly easy to emulate, either (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
Well There are other ways to get in, besides using a Android device. Even though that is a simple and easy way for a everyday user.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well There are other ways to get in, besides using a Android device. Even though that is a simple and easy way for a everyday user.

True. It would be nice to be able to use an Android (and maybe even newest iPhone generation) device to broadcast NFC, because that would require the least cost of extra materials to the end user

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc