Splicing a PS2 controller to GCN

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been doing a lot of research on PS2 -> GCN adapters, and it seems like they all have the same issues. Trigger features are not converted or read properly.

Now, I assume this is an issue with whatever adapter is used and the chip that converts the inputs.

My questions are: 1) Is it possible to splice a GCN controller end onto a PS2 controller? 2) If so, how? 3) Are there tutorials for this?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the best solution is to buy a PS2 style GC controller, I doubt you can just splice wires to make it work.

My solution is just to get used to both styles and use them both, although for my GC I have 4 wavebirds so they seem a bit more comfy then the regular GC controllers.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Controllers actually have some software the console reads.
So splicing the wires wouldn't work, the software isn't compatible.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that's the exact adapter that I've tried. In most software, the R2 (R on GCN) button doesn't respond properly. In a few Zeldas, it doesn't work at all. For Mario Sunshine, it takes a lot of pressure to shoot at all, and it doesn't even work right.

So, I guess what I need is a Gamecube controller with a Classic Controller layout, and rumble. Wireless if at all possible. I've found something once from Thrustmaster, but when I used to own one it was really tiny. Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1