Gaming Splatoon

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody getting this game? I like the idea but I will NOT be getting it at full price -especially after what I read about local multiplayer.

- No Wii Remote/Nunchuck option for a SHOOTER
- No bringing a buddy with you online
- P2 must have Pro Controller
- No classic controller support
- Must use Gamepad Gyro to aim ...awkward!

....yeeeeaaahhhh, NO! Not at full price. My wife and I play a lot of Wii U games together and we enjoy the few games that allow us to take on the online world. Sorry Nintendo but you lost me this time.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Only one of those that is a slight issue for me, is not being able to bring a buddy with me online. Rest of those "issues" don't bother me at all. Yeah, I'll def be getting it at full price the day it's released, looks great!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Only one of those that is a slight issue for me, is not being able to bring a buddy with me online. Rest of those "issues" don't bother me at all. Yeah, I'll def be getting it at full price the day it's released, looks great!

When you have the controller collection that I do, it becomes a pain in the ass to see Wii U games that support the Pro Controller but not the classic controller. The only difference between the two is that one has clickable sticks and Bluetooth, the other doesn't. BTW most Wii U games don't even use L3 and R3. Its a huge waste trying to force people to buy another controller when your customers know damn well that you CAN support the controllers they already have. Can we say Smash and Mario Kart?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you have the controller collection that I do, it becomes a pain in the ass to see Wii U games that support the Pro Controller but not the classic controller. The only difference between the two is that one has clickable sticks and Bluetooth, the other doesn't. BTW most Wii U games don't even use L3 and R3. Its a huge waste trying to force people to buy another controller when your customers know damn well that you CAN support the controllers they already have. Can we say Smash and Mario Kart?

Fair enough, but I have 3 Wii U Pro controllers, all received as gifts, so its not a problem at all for me.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
- No Wii Remote/Nunchuck option for a SHOOTER
It's almost over-world though. I think aiming with a remote would be really awkward, because it's designed to have delay and limited range. On the other hand, if they made it more "Wii remote friendly", people who didn't have one would be at an extreme disadvantage because aiming always takes longer with an analog stick.
- Must use Gamepad Gyro to aim ...awkward!
Are you positive about that? As far as I know, every game with gyro support has an option to disable it in favor of using an analog stick. With the exception of the Panorama channels, of course.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No Wii U Pro Controller support for Player 1 and the GamePad aims with the gyroscope feature? What were you thinking, Nintendo?! This is terrible for a shooting game.

I'm definitely not gonna buy this, but well, I already had decided I wasn't going to.

Nintendo's very anti-WUPC and I hate it because a lot of their Nintendo exclusives/licenced games could've been played with the Wii U Pro Controller rather than that clunky big ass glorified tablet they call it the GamePad.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's almost over-world though. I think aiming with a remote would be really awkward, because it's designed to have delay and limited range. On the other hand, if they made it more "Wii remote friendly", people who didn't have one would be at an extreme disadvantage because aiming always takes longer with an analog stick.

Are you positive about that? As far as I know, every game with gyro support has an option to disable it in favor of using an analog stick. With the exception of the Panorama channels, of course.

I'm guessing that you never played a COD game on Wii, huh? The Wii Remote is godly for shooters, more so than a mouse. Delay? I don't think so! Come into a COD room with a standard controller while everyone else uses a Wii remote and see how quickly you end up respawning. -FACT! Nintendo not having Wii Remote support nor a auto aim feature in the Gamepad control setup is a stupid move. Splatoon was partially made to get their "Blue Oceans" audience into third person shooters. Auto aim and pointer support are the easiest way to get non shooting gamers into shooters.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nintendo's very anti-WUPC and I hate it because a lot of their Nintendo exclusives/licenced games could've been played with the Wii U Pro Controller rather than that clunky big ass glorified tablet they call it the GamePad.

This. This. THIS!

At this point I don't even understand why they made the Wii U Pro Controller in the first place. Can't use it with Wii games, can't use it with half of the Wii U games, can't use it with games requiring gyro sensors, can't use it with games requiring a mic... Like, what the hell?

Splatoon is a no buy. If Nintendo is anti-WUPC, I'm anti-games-that-are-anti-WUPC. *Micdrop*

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto aiming shouldn't even exist because it takes out all the challenge and fun out of a game.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! The point of gaming is to create entertainment that accessible to EVERYONE. Nintendo, especially goes through great lengths to make their games easy to play yet hard to master. That includes support for multiple controllers. Don't be the type that thinks that every gamer should be hardcore.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
May I remind you all that even glorious games like GTA: Vice City had auto aiming in the console versions. I played that game on PS2 and it really made a difference. The game otherwise would've been very frustrating to play as I just wanted to shoot people and enjoy the game. Splatoon strikes me exactly as one such game where I just want to have fun.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! The point of gaming is to create entertainment that accessible to EVERYONE. Nintendo, especially goes through great lengths to make their games easy to play yet hard to master. That includes support for multiple controllers. Don't be the type that thinks that every gamer should be hardcore.
In games like GTA IV & V auto-aiming just feels very out of place and in this regard it's nowhere near as fun as it is shooting them manually, while for the earlier GTAs it makes sense because the aiming was very sloppy.

Shooting in GTA:SA doesn't really work well unless it's auto-aiming but I don't play it any more so I couldn't care less.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In games like GTA IV & V auto-aiming just feels very out of place and in this regard it's nowhere near as fun as it is shooting them manually, while for the earlier GTAs it makes sense because the aiming was very sloppy.

Shooting in GTA:SA doesn't really work well unless it's auto-aiming but I don't play it any more so I couldn't care less.

It depends on how your camera is situated, especially in 3rd person. If the camera is not looking at you from directly behind, its incredibly awkward to try and aim and so auto aim makes sense even in the newer GTAs. If you constantly keep the camera directly behind you or are playing in 1st person for the current gen versions of GTA V, then yeah, the ability to aim on your own makes more sense, it just depends on the situation. I personally prefer auto aiming in GTA.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No sorry I'm giving this a miss don't get me wrong it looks quite good fun but its not for me :) Its all about waiting for Zelda for me at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s