Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can safely say that we're talking about having the Squid form be the appropriate form for this mod. In this case, the updated code has not allowed the Squid form to be the Octopus form. Sooo, yeah.

Edit: Welp, I now have the unsafe Octohax on my Wii U. But the question is, does it really brick people's saves? Remember, Nikki was the one who had originally found this hack, and played with a few friends on private battles. I don't think that they said that their saves had been bricked. And, sadly I don't know how to fix this..
Oh, I see the problem. The one you guys downloaded has Rival_Squid going to an invalid address. it's trying to write to 105EE9A44, but the right address is 105EEA44, at least in my game. Try taking out the '9'.
Code:
tcp.writestr(0x105EEA44, b"Rival_Squid")

Tmesis Doodle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see the problem. The one you guys downloaded has Rival_Squid going to an invalid address. it's trying to write to 105EE9A44, but the right address is 105EEA44, at least in my game. Try taking out the '9'.
Code:
tcp.writestr(0x105EEA44, b"Rival_Squid")

Thanks for adding that! I ought to go fix my code, now. XD

Edit: Hm. I actually did edit it, but it's still using the squid form. Rip. Weird.

Eh, I'll use your code fix instead. I'm probably the worst person to use this type of coding. Meh.

Last edited by Tmesis Doodle,
D

Deleted-379826

Ive repeated each step twice but I can not get the SAFE octoling hack on my 5.5.1 wii u? Do i need an older version of splatoon???? I just updated today and if so How can i get one and will i be able to play online

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive repeated each step twice but I can not get the SAFE octoling hack on my 5.5.1 wii u? Do i need an older version of splatoon???? I just updated today and if so How can i get one and will i be able to play online
I can confirm that Safe Octoling hax does work on both 5.5.1 and Splatoon ver. 2.8.0. Make sure to use the newest version of this: https://github.com/wiiudev/pyGecko

Tmesis Doodle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, guys, you should use Seresaa's fix for the code. Nikki's code doesn't make the squid be the octopus instead. Download the mod, but go download Nikki's update code for it, then download this:

https://doc-04-bc-docs.googleuserco...336/*/0B0nb9ec6yT63RWlGTjZwWHJEZXc?e=download

And scroll down to the 2.8.0 section of the code, and finally insert the Rival Squid code into Nikki's file, replacing the hashed one. Sadly I can't really do a video on it, my internet is horrible for things like that. >^<

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, guys, you should use Seresaa's fix for the code. Nikki's code doesn't make the squid be the octopus instead. Download the mod, but go download Nikki's update code for it, then download this:

https://doc-04-bc-docs.googleuserco...336/*/0B0nb9ec6yT63RWlGTjZwWHJEZXc?e=download

And scroll down to the 2.8.0 section of the code, and finally insert the Rival Squid code into Nikki's file, replacing the hashed one. Sadly I can't really do a video on it, my internet is horrible for things like that. >^<
Or just rename it, put it where you keep the rest of your pygecko stuff, change the IP and run it the way it is like I will.

Either way, I dunno how much of a 'fix' I'd call it. It's not my work, all I did was follow directions. The one on Github probably just got typo'd up somewhere. At least I learned a couple things about Python while I did it, though.

>>>If anyone's gonna be downloading anything, you might as well use this one. Same as the one on Github, but with the Rival_Squid line fixed. And better than the mess I made.

Last edited by seresaa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1