Hacking Splatoon Help maybe?

Rednoc Nivert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been digging around the forums here, and can't quite find what I'm looking for, in language that I can understand. I'm so-so on the understanding of the hacking things, but not an ace. I've been looking around online for a way to amp up my money. That's it. None of this Octoling stuff, no rank changes, and no paint change stuff. But I'm not sure if...
A) It's doable right now
B) I have the brains to do it
C) If this is the right place to ask about it.

If someone could either help me out, or at least point me in the right direction... It'd be great. I read through the 'guide to hacking' page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/) and there was a lot of neat stuff there, namely lots of programs and stuff and I don't know which ones if any I should be using...

Rednoc Nivert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I have a (probably) stupid question, but...

Given what I've read about the current hack thing (go to the website, have it take hold of you Wii U, poke it from another computer, etc.) wouldn't it be easier for everybody to just have a thing in place that can read save data off a flash drive / SD card, so you could just plug in to your computer, tweak some stuff, and then put it back? Someone fill me in on why that is not a thing?

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I have a (probably) stupid question, but...

Given what I've read about the current hack thing (go to the website, have it take hold of you Wii U, poke it from another computer, etc.) wouldn't it be easier for everybody to just have a thing in place that can read save data off a flash drive / SD card, so you could just plug in to your computer, tweak some stuff, and then put it back? Someone fill me in on why that is not a thing?

The way I understand it is the WiiU has 2 parts a kernel part and an IOSU part. We currently only have kernel part. This allows us to patch and tweak things that exist in loaded memory, passing the needed security checks to load. We can't make or load things that don't exist in memory. We can't change how things work permanently.

When you are playing a game the WiiU usually does not load up more than it needs. We don't have access to USB/SD and can't make access. Some smart person figured out Smash bros used the SD card. We then had access to the SD card slot. He made loadiine. It can do exactly what you describe if you copy game files to the SD and load them. You can remove SD card and modify game files and then reload the game with your changes like that permanently. With the recent news and leaks I don't think it will be long before what you want to do will be possible without nearly as much effort or needing 5.3.2 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night