Splatoon 2 Version 5.0.0 released

splat.jpeg

Nintendo have released version 5.0.0 for the only shooter featuring both squids and kids. The update has a few rebalances, bug fixes, and map alterations.[prebreak][/prebreak] There's also the new 'Splatfest Tee Replica', which is a new piece of gear. Given that Nintendo is ending development for Splatoon 2, this is probably the final major update we'll get.

You can check out the patch notes below.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Daisy,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I can only presume they’re working on a Splatoon 3 if this really is the end of development for 2. I still think Nintendo could have gotten more time out of this game by adding more events here and there and keeping it updated, but here’s to hoping to see Splatoon 3 at an upcoming E3/Nintendo Direct.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Nintendo have released version 5.0.0 for the only shooter featuring both squids and kids. The update has a few rebalances, bug fixes, and map alterations.[prebreak][/prebreak] There's also the new 'Splatfest Tee Replica', which is a new piece of gear. Given that Nintendo is ending development for Splatoon 2, this is probably the final major update we'll get.

You can check out the patch notes below.

:arrow: Source

Fixed :)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish we had more Splatfests, especially when some were region locked. Hopefully Splatoon 3's event life cycle will be longer. There were so many conquests in Smash 4 that it's ridiculous Splatoon only had a handful of Splatfests.

Reactions: Maximilious

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final update? This game only been out for two years, came out close to the same time as Arms. :blink:

I still don't own this game, I don't know if it was a good thing I didn't and have something to look forward to if there is a new release or not. Just seem unusual. Especially if this was being backed by a "esports" events. :ninja:

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Final update? This game only been out for two years, came out close to the same time as Arms. :blink:

I still don't own this game, I don't know if it was a good thing I didn't and have something to look forward to if there is a new release or not. Just seem unusual. Especially if this was being backed by a "esports" events. :ninja:
The first Splatoon didn't last long either. I think maybe a year before they stopped with the Splatfests. One of the big appeals of Splatoon was that it seemed like it wasn't going to be like Call of Duty where it's a rehashing of the same thing with an annual or semi annual release.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: THYPLEX

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first Splatoon didn't last long either. I think maybe a year before they stopped with the Splatfests.
Not to sound negative, but it was on a console losing sales and popularity unlike the switch which is complete opposite. Still it just seems odd for this circumstance. I never even got to try this splatfest thing. (That's when the game ask you to choose a thing to support and you pick one to support your side and the two octopuses.... octopi... argue over who is right, is that correct?) :blink:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not profitable to support a game with major updates indefinitely.

The first Splatoon received a little more than a year of major updates. Splatoon 2 received about two years of major updates. One should not expect much more than bugfixes from now on.

Reactions: NoNAND

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not profitable to support a game with major updates indefinitely.

The first Splatoon received a little more than a year of major updates. Splatoon 2 received about two years of major updates. One should not expect much more than bugfixes from now on.
I would normally agree, but is Splatoon 2 not one of the only selling points for the paid online service? What else is there besides Smash and Tetris? At the very least they could repeat Splatfests on an automation cycle. I feel like ending support for the original Splatoon was a little more justified since the Wii U was a flop, but the Switch is a breakaway success.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I can only presume they’re working on a Splatoon 3 if this really is the end of development for 2. I still think Nintendo could have gotten more time out of this game by adding more events here and there and keeping it updated, but here’s to hoping to see Splatoon 3 at an upcoming E3/Nintendo Direct.
Absolutely I agree I was thinking the same! I’m sure they could of squeezed quite a bit more out of Splatoon 2, it’s one of those games you could find endless updates for. Very successfully franchise so I presume Splatoon 3 is in the horizon. At least Splatoon 2 never got ruined online like the wiiu version did.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would normally agree, but is Splatoon 2 not one of the only selling points for the paid online service? What else is there besides Smash and Tetris? At the very least they could repeat Splatfests on an automation cycle. I feel like ending support for the original Splatoon was a little more justified since the Wii U was a flop, but the Switch is a breakaway success.
Splatoon 2 online play isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Glyptofane

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
they would have been starting on it if anything, there was a news article that I read like two weeks ago, that Splatoon 3 wasn't in development, if you want I can find the article.

I hope they take some time off to take a break/slight brainstorming. they could start development next year, and have a release by 2021/2022,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh reminds me of Splatoon 1 they had it going for a year then put it on life support.
On the Wii U and it was free to play online granted but only one year more for the sequel?
Surprised they didnt automate the splatfests this time around.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
they said they are not even thinking about making Splatoon 3 yet. They were working on animal crossing so maybe after that ships.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.