Hacking Splatoon 2 Game Card Banned??

Lemonn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought splatoon 2 two days ago and I’ve been playing online ever since, I leave my switch for about two hours leaving it on single player and when I go to play turf war it says online services for the console are restricted, however I can still access the eshop and play other games with online services, I’ve had homebrew on my switch but I deleted all the files like 6 months ago, I’m thinking about going back to return the game and buy a new one
[Update]
So I called Nintendo and they said they couldn’t find that they couldn’t find anything about my account being banned, they said they’ll have to call me back another day once they find something:/

Last edited by Lemonn,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought splatoon 2 two days ago and I’ve been playing online ever since, I leave my switch for about two hours leaving it on single player and when I go to play turf war it says online services for the console are restricted, however I can still access the eshop and play other games with online services, I’ve had homebrew on my switch but I deleted all the files like 6 months ago, I’m thinking about going back to return the game and buy a new one
It's not the game that's banned

Reactions: TPMJB

dempseyromeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps your Switch is banned?

Didn't you backup your nand before hacking your Switch? If you want to use OFW and connect any nintendo services again, you need to restore your nand first. Otherwise your switch will be banned.

Lemonn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Didn't you backup your nand before hacking your Switch? If you want to use OFW and connect any nintendo services again, you need to restore your nand first. Otherwise your switch will be banned.
I don’t think I did, I only used cfw to use save edits on splatoon and then just deleted all the files when I didn’t want it anymore I didn’t get to deep into hacking it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not the game that's banned
I don’t think it’s my console or my account because I can still go on eshop and other games like fortnite and Tetris

Reactions: The9thBit

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don’t think I did, I only used cfw to use save edits on splatoon and then just deleted all the files when I didn’t want it anymore I didn’t get to deep into hacking it

I don’t think it’s my console or my account because I can still go on eshop and other games like fortnite and Tetris
You edited saves and went online? It's possible that your console is only banned for splatoon 2. I don't think buying another game card of splatoon 2 will solve your problem.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then savor it, a few days, a week, a month, no real way to know if or when you'll be banned. Until things like this happen and next thing you realize is that you can't do anything Ninty approved.

Lemonn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You edited saves and went online? It's possible that your console is only banned for splatoon 2. I don't think buying another game card of splatoon 2 will solve your problem.
I only edited the gear I had Before on my extra account, then my main account were the game was downloaded was banned this was six months ago, then I bought the game card and played yesterday on the account with the save edits on them, I didn’t play that many rounds, today I decided to delete the save data from the game and start fresh then I get banned :/

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only edited the gear I had Before on my extra account, then my main account were the game was downloaded was banned this was six months ago, then I bought the game card and played yesterday on the account with the save edits on them, I didn’t play that many rounds, today I decided to delete the save data from the game and start fresh then I get banned :/
Good cheaters never win

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It doesn’t matter how often you played online with cheated saves or how often you booted CFW. Once is enough.

Reactions: ELY_M

Lemonn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn’t matter how often you played online with cheated saves or how often you booted CFW. Once is enough.
true but if it’s my game card that’s banned It’s usually for piracy which I never did

true but if it’s my game card that’s banned It’s usually for piracy which I never did
I also didn’t receive an email from Nintendo which is weird I’ll have to call

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your console is banned..... you have to buy new switch. you can keep your banned switch and use CFW homebrew on your banned console.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game carts themselves are never banned. It hasn't ever happened so you would be the first ever. Not likely. Your are banned from playing splatoon. That is all. Thats happened many times to cheaters. You should never ever edit any game files and then try to play online. It's for a good reason. It ruins the fun for non cheaters.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Game carts themselves are never banned. It hasn't ever happened so you would be the first ever. Not likely. Your are banned from playing splatoon. That is all. Thats happened many times to cheaters. You should never ever edit any game files and then try to play online. It's for a good reason. It ruins the fun for non cheaters.

Game carts bans happen ,I think I read somewhere ,so if multiple persons go online with the same .xci dump nintendo ban the game cert

Reactions: The9thBit

makazula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man, your console won't be able to play Splatton online again. You cheated, doesn't matter if it was just one time, once you log on a multiplayer online game with an edited save, that's almost auto ban from that game, as it's one of the easiest things for Nintendo to detect.

So, if you want to play Splatton online, you may keep the game, but you'll need a new Switch instead.

And also, if you decide to do it, I'd say you should also use another account with it. Just because.

Oh, and you've been flagged as a homebrewer, so a console ban may be on the horizon one day, eventually.

:)

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm still not banned and I've been using my switch since November, online, and on Atmosphere.

But as someone said before, gamesave editing really activates Nintendo's almonds, so that's an insta-ban

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will getting a new game card let me play splatoon?

You need to check if you are console banned or gamecart banned ,
-try acces to eshop
-try playing fornite
If it let's you then probably you will be able to play on another gamecart

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually game-specific bans have been about as common as full console bans. One of the first ban error codes was 2124-4025 which is reserved only for cartridge headers. Then multiple people started reporting game-only bans with both Splatoon 2 and Smash most notably for modifying their save files as seen in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-this-a-perma-ban.532440/

Lemonn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to check if you are console banned or gamecart banned ,
-try acces to eshop
-try playing fornite
If it let's you then probably you will be able to play on another gamecart
I still have access to other games that use online services I can still go on the shop and fortnite but it’s whenevrr I go into the lobby in splatoon it gives me that message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1