XP
Country
United States
I have and it works...
smile.gif

What card are you using?

P

pasc

It seem like the videos have to be in root to work.

I did and after that I pressed the play button and it started playback.

The sound is crackly and the thing can only play files off the root (I tried it else... but it didn't work, except if I missed something.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK, to clear a few things up.

1. This version does not have a file browser, it will only play output.smf from the root of the card. (I am working on a file browser for it now, expect the next version soon).

2. Advantages over moonshell - None, or rather, um... its easy to use (sort of), made in palib, so other homebrew coders can use movie clips in their games etc. and thats about it, it uses indexing for the skipping, you can jump forward or back by a small amount, and im planning on some kind of bookmark system, like when you watch dvd's and your asked if you want to start from the previous location. Oh, and it should work with ANY dldi card (should).

3. Frame rate - I capped it at 12fps, mainly to try and keep the sound in sync, but in tests at lower quality it managed upto 15fps.

Thanks for the great comments, I'm glad some of you have liked my previous work.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Excellent skin, Whats the chance of you sharing it? I loved the amiga (I did a quite goot amiga os4 skin for windowblinds at wincustomize.org but thats another story).

I will release the source eventually, although like all my other stuff, it's very very messy. I'm still working on DSision by the way, not much in the way of updates, but what I'm doing to it I think is useful. I'm lacking motivation thats all.

spanner

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent skin, Whats the chance of you sharing it? I loved the amiga (I did a quite goot amiga os4 skin for windowblinds at wincustomize.org but thats another story).

I will release the source eventually, although like all my other stuff, it's very very messy. I'm still working on DSision by the way, not much in the way of updates, but what I'm doing to it I think is useful. I'm lacking motivation thats all.

No probs...here you go..

Amiga Skin for DSision

Maybe you could add a analog clock to it..
wink.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I made a couple of fixes to the player, now the clicking is much less (in most cases gone completely) also added a simple file browser, press select to see file list, all .smf files should be in the root. Also the player is happy to play files with quality set as good as 2, thats very high. I am now able to call it version 1.0.

get it here

[edit] forgot to put a url to the latest version[/edit]

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wacko.gif
Help! Can´t get the converter to work. I´ve edited the ini countless times, and the gui reflects the changes I made in the ini, but it´s just not working.

If I use the full path in the output´s name I don´t get anything at all. If I leave it blank I at least get a tiny msf file in the converters directory.

Here´s the latest settings I used, which gave me nothing, because I included the full path in the name.

Filename = C:\Documents and Settings\Rich\Desktop\south.park.1206.dsr-0tv.avi

aspect = wide

quality = 4

volume = 300

output = C:\Documents and Settings\Rich\Desktop\south.park.1206.dsr-0tv.smf

If it´s obvious what I´m doing wrong, please??

Thanks

>>>goes off to tinker around some more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX +1