Misc SpillPass for Raspberry Pi v1.6

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F6D4050 Should be the rt3070. If it is not, then that seller is selling the v2 and is not a true F6D4050.
I'll remove them

That one you linked should work without modification. I would appreciate if you let me know. I'll add it to the list.
I'll let you know if it works (I'll make a follow up post here in about 2 days), but it looks like you missed the part of my post where I explained that "Belkin N150" is hard to tell if you're getting the F6D4050 version, especially since the people selling them won't always check that it's the old version, not the newer versions.

Got everything plugged in, 3DS doesn't see any access point.

I ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004N625BE/ hoping it would be F6D4050, but #lsusb reveals that I got "Belkin Components F7D1101 v1 Basic Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188SU]" instead. I read on page 3 that Realtek RTL8188CUS won't work, how about RTL8188SU?

I was fishing for help, but I found that it needs to be "RT 3070" chipset, not RTL8188SU. The one I linked says "RT 3070L", so I'll chance it, and again, I'll make a follow up post in a couple days to let you know if it worked out, since it's currently in stock unlike the F6D4050.

JackyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. The RTL8188SU chipset will not run in full monitor mode with injection capabilities under Linux properly. I did testing with it.

JackyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate you telling me though. Until just recently, the seller I had linked was very reliable in selling only v1 units. They must be running dry. The one you linked should work. I appreciate the testing.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate you telling me though. Until just recently, the seller I had linked was very reliable in selling only v1 units. They must be running dry. The one you linked should work. I appreciate the testing.
Definitely running dry, there's no stock the last couple weeks I checked. Amazon is tricky to have reliable results with since there are many different sellers who can choose to list their item under the same page. For things as technical as this, it's easy for someone to say "Oh yes, this is a Belkin 150N, I found the right listing to list my item under." But then it's the wrong model number.

Slight tangent: I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 off amazon back when it was new, and the description said it was the 2GB of ram model... It's even harder then because it's actually the same model number (I-9300) but one comes with 1 GB of ram and the other comes with 2GB. Of course I got the 1 GB model. It wouldn't be so hard if manufacturers utilized the concept of "Model number" more strictly, and actually called it a different model when it's not identical. Even though the model number for this wifi stick is technically "F6D4050", that's not printed anywhere on the box, it just says "Belkin 150N", so a seller can't know what model number it is without opening the product and testing it.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it works. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BAN3D6/

Plug and play, started getting streetpasses from Canada, France, Japan, the UK, and others.

The SSID is "attwifi" though, which isn't the NZ@ one which is compatible with nintendo zone, so Nintendo Zone is broken.

Other "wishlist" items would be to have editable mac filter from the web interface, and "time to next mac switch" in web interface, static IP instructions would be nice too.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug and play, started getting streetpasses from Canada, France, Japan, the UK, and others.
The SSID is "attwifi" though, which isn't the NZ@ one which is compatible with nintendo zone, so Nintendo Zone is broken.
Other "wishlist" items would be to have editable mac filter from the web interface, and "time to next mac switch" in web interface, static IP instructions would be nice too.

Is this on 9.4 emuNAND? I've had a lot of issues with attwifi and that version, only had success with NZ@McD1

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this on 9.4 emuNAND? I've had a lot of issues with attwifi and that version, only had success with NZ@McD1
Yep. 9.2 sysnand, 9.4 emunand. attwifi works for streetpassing, but nintendo zone no longer works, only with NZ@McD1 from what I've read.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. 9.2 sysnand, 9.4 emunand. attwifi works for streetpassing, but nintendo zone no longer works, only with NZ@McD1 from what I've read.

Cool. I've never had NintendoZone work on NZ either. NZ is Germany based and when an NTSC console tries to connect it gives an incorrect region error code.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, happy to help as long as it doesn't involve "can I haz porkemon on 7.1 soon guyz!?!?!?" ;)

anyway, it seems the RTL8192CU chipset isn't supported by vanilla hostapd (the tool used to create an access point from the usb wlan stick).

But it seems that realtek offers their own version of hostapd which you could give a whirl if you feel comfortable compiling software on linux.

A short writeup on how to do it is on http://learn.adafruit.com/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-as-a-wifi-access-point/compiling-hostapd.

The easier (but way uncooler) workaround would be to get another wlan stick.

But the other easy way could be to type in the console: (like mentioned on there page)
-> wget http://adafruit-download.s3.amazonaws.com/adafruit_hostapd_14128.zip

to get the RTL8192xx hostapd onto your raspberrypi sd, if i read that correct?
I ask cause i have a WiFi usb adaptor wich has a RTL8192EU (802.11n), before going out and buy a new wlan usb adaptor

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the other easy way could be to type in the console: (like mentioned on there page)
-> wget http://adafruit-download.s3.amazonaws.com/adafruit_hostapd_14128.zip

to get the RTL8192xx hostapd onto your raspberrypi sd, if i read that correct?
I ask cause i have a WiFi usb adaptor wich has a RTL8192EU (802.11n), before going out and buy a new wlan usb adaptor

I've tried working with the RTL driver and changing the designation everywhere, but SpillPass always reverts back. I think it's in the code somewhere that looks for the original driver. Sad really because I had it all working at one point, but once the MAC changed the driver in hostapd switched back.

Reactions: DjoeN

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
RaspBMC has to make room for this :)
All ready and set, just waiting for my wlan adaptor

DSC04764.jpg

Love my Pi :) with the Wireless keyboard from Trust

Reactions: logg

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Q: Anybody care to explain how to modify the maclist it cycles through?

according to info on the spillpass page it should be "/etc/hostapd/mac_nintendozone"
How to edit or replace it when the pi is connected to monitor, or how to do it in putty would be great

- The problem is, i get alot of people multiple times (not that bad, but i like to see new faces) and allways the same regio, after a time it's a pitty i can't get people from more countries and more regions

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8