SpillPass for Raspberry Pi v1.6

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by JackyD, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Dr.Wiley

Dr.Wiley Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I had the same problem using a TP-Link TL-WN725V1 with Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset. According to this Tutorial it should work with Realtek chipset based Wi-Fi Adapters. I choose the lazy way and got a "new" Wi-Fi Stick, compatible with the vanilla Hostpad used in SpillPass.
    On the SpillPass Homepage it is recommended to buy a BELKIN 150N (F6D4050) with Ralink RT3070 Chipset which uses the nl80211 driver. So i searched for this kind of model and found only one overpriced shop, selling this stick in Germany.
    I wasn't sure if other Ralink based chipset sticks would work, so i ordered a cheap nano Stick (6,50€) with a RT5370 Chipset.
    Long story short - it works.

2. sk8mystery23

sk8mystery23 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2008
    United States
    Man this is awesome.

It's working great for me, except that I can't seem to get any Pokemon X/Y streetpasses at all. Anyone else having any problems like that?

3. Mokkun

Mokkun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Norway
    Yust a little update, Finally managed to get the "rigth" stick, whit it, spillpass works perfectly. almost to god, cant empty the queue fast enough. ;)
    Thanks again for the help

4. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Would you please post which one you got? Just in case others run in this problem again.

And once again, I'm happy to have helped.

5. Mokkun

Mokkun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Norway
  6. zero80472

zero80472 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
  7. Dr.Wiley

Dr.Wiley Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Little money - much time ? This one should work too, according to the datasheet, the stick uses the RT5370 Chipset, which works fine.

8. oldbushie

oldbushie Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2008
    United States
    There seems to be a bug in the nintendozone.sh script:
    Code:
    CONFIG_FILE=/tmp/nz_config.conf
    if [[ ! -p $CONFIG_FILE ]]; then
        mkfifo $CONFIG_FILE ]]
    fi

Shouldn't those brackets be removed on the 3rd line there? I was getting an error on boot related to that line of code. Otherwise it works great!

This is the kit I used:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/423296/Raspberry_Pi_XBMC_Starter_Home_Theater_Kit_with_Model_B

The wifi adapter included in that kit works perfectly with your boot img with no modifications; I'll have to return the Belkin N150 I bought because it's the wrong one anyways (too new).

9. SenpaiIsTheMan

SenpaiIsTheMan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Forget it, the WI-FI stick is not that expensive. I'll try it out tomorrow and give feedback. But as you described it, it sounds like a monkey with a half brain can do it.^^

10. SenpaiIsTheMan

SenpaiIsTheMan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hmm, there's something not working as supposed... I proceeded as mentioned in the tutorial. While booting the stick gets recognized. any ideas why?

EDIT:

Okay, I think I found it...

Although I use a Belkin N150, but it says on the back of the stick: "Model: F7D1101 v".

But it has to be the "F6D4050" just like Mokkun posted before? I hope I can return the Stick to the store.

Attached Files:

11. _jdirty

_jdirty Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    United States

Been trying to do the same actually and have had no luck. Any progress on your end?

12. SenpaiIsTheMan

SenpaiIsTheMan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, I have 1113/1113 puzzle pieces on my japanese 3DS, now! Thank you for your manual!

13. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    Glad it is working for everyone :)

Also, dont use the Pi datasheet for compatibility. That list just shows which adapters work in raspbian under client mode. There are precious few that work in FULL host mode (with proper mac spoofing and packet injection). I tested about 12 different chipsets before deciding to standardize on what I did. I chose it for price as well as overall compatibility.

14. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    JackyD

I seem to be having troubles with SpillPassPi.

The "attwifi" network seems to disappear after a while. This has happened twice consecutive boots.

I know everything is working as I am able to get streetpass hits. It's just troublesome having to reboot my pi. Right now its acting like a ondemand homepass relay instead of being automatic.

UPDATE: My preliminary suspicion is that the powered usb hub that the Wifi Dongle is connected to is faulty.

Update2: Yeah, my usb hub was faulty.

15. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Is there a version that doesn't require the pi?

16. newbma

newbma Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2014
    United States
    I really want to set up my new Pi as a Streetpass relay. I am new to this so, please don't assume that I have basic knowledge on this front. For some reason I'm getting an error when I try to go to the spillmonkey link above. I am hoping to get step by step instructions for set up.
    I want to verify that this will set up the pi as an internet relay separate from my current wifi (both can run at the same time) so I don't have to manually switch back & forth & can roll thru macs. Help.

17. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    Ahh. My hosting provider screwed up my database. I will have it up shortly.
    There are full step by step instructions on the site, along with the specific hardware to buy (wifi dongle model is very important) on the hardware tab.
    Both can certainly run at the same time. I have my 3DS on my normal wifi, but it looks to the Pi when closed to collect streetpasses.

18. newbma

newbma Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2014
    United States

Great! I'll be looking for your site to be back up. Does it describe how you have the 3DS set up to pick up both the normal wifi & the Pi when closed? Elsewhere I thought I saw that you had to delete the normal wifi.

19. newbma

newbma Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2014
    United States

Do I need the mirror1, mirror2 and torrent files?

20. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    You dont need to delete your normal wifi (only if you want the nintendo zone access to work)
    Once it is up, just close your 3DS and wait :)

You only need to download it from one source. The mirrors are just alternate sources.