SpillPass for Raspberry Pi v1.6

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by JackyD, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    -A Simple Homebrew Plug and Play 3DS HomePass Relay and Working “Nintendo Zone” Hotspot-

[​IMG]

Description:
    SpillPass Pi aims to be a plug and play StreetPass relay and Nintendo Zone Hotspot that will function behind any standard home router without configuration. Just plug it in and let it run! It runs on the Raspberry Pi hardware and runs the latest (as of this writing) version of Raspbian OS. WebGUI (reboot and shutdown) and detachable status page added. Thanks goes out to the Raspberry Pi foundation as well as the HomePass community for their work and continued support and progress in helping people the world over complete these damned 3D Puzzles.

Image is now released. Download and full instructions (and hardware list) a....

http://www.spillmonkey.com/?page_id=5

Let me know if you use it.

-TSM

-- Update --

I will be releasing an update for both SpillPassPi 1 when I release the new SpillPassPi2 for the Pi2 hardware.

2. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    That's a very nice RPi case you have there.

3. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    Thank you :)

4. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    Nice work! :yay:

5. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    Thanks :) 703 hits in just 2 hours on the site. That may be more than that domain has seen in 10 years hehe.

SignZ likes this.
  6. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    thanks for posting...i'll check it out after picking up pokemon y ^_^"

7. Algernop Krieger

Algernop Krieger Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2013
    United States
    I've got a Pi and I'm tempted to try this. Very nice!

8. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    So tempted to buy a Pi.
    Never used a Pi so I might be stupid saying this, can you change you income connection? You could plug a usb 3g modem and a battery, and it would be a portable streetpass station :D

Edit: Do you mind if I post your website on the Homepass thread?

9. Essometer

Essometer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    dicamarques, this both actually possible.

@topic, is is possible to get only the packages without the complete image. I already use a Rasp Pi
    and don´t want to make a secound SD for this.

10. JackyD
    OP

JackyD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2006
    United States
    I have not made packages for this Essometer.

Go right ahead dicamarques :)

11. shiroitaka

shiroitaka GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2007
    TSM

Thanks for this :) I setup my type A pi with it first with a old wifimax usb stick which didnt work so I ordered a belkin one like listed for £5 and that worked like a charm.
    We are now getting many many hits :)

Thanks Again

-G

12. darkangel84

darkangel84 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2011
    Italy
    uhm... when i use the webgui it asks me login and password. what are the credentials?

13. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    root
    SSH is open by default for the root user.
    Please use root / SpillPassPi to authenticate.

14. Spzjulien

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    i try to enable mac filetering

so it edit :

nano /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

then add/change

macaddr_acl=1
    accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd.accept

then create /etc/hostapd.accept and add my pc and 3ds mac adress XX:XX:XX:XX to the file (chmod to 755 the file)

reboot

filtering is not working since anyone can connect instead of 2 mac i only allow

im lost please help

15. Spzjulien

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    oki i solve the problem by editing nintendozone.sh instead of hostapd.conf

now mac filtering working greeeeat !!

16. Mokkun

Mokkun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Norway
    Hmm, feeling kind of stupid, I seem to have messed up a rather simple installation. I have imaged the image to the SD card.
    It seem to be loading a bit, sent some DHCP requests, finished those, went a few steps farther, for then to go into a loop thats to fast for me to read, I can also not see it on the mac scanner.
    Note, at current time, I have a newer ASUS wireless stick, as Amazon are horified of shipping out of US... I do not have the belkin one from your site. (am trying to get it elsewhere).

Any advice?

17. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I'll skip a few of the basic debugging questions as I believe someone who owns a rasppi knows better than to not plug in etherent or something along those lines ;)

when it's in the loop press ctrl+a followed by d. this detaches you from the running script and throws you in the shell.

then do an "iwconfig" (without the quotes).

if it's running correctly you should have two entries starting with wlan0: one wlan0, one wlan0.master(or something close).

if not then the outputs of "lsusb" and "lsmod" would be helpfull, although to get those you'd better get ssh working first.

to check the ip adress (if you can't look it up in your dhcp server) just do an "ifconfig" on the shell. the ethernet interface will be called brd0 or brdg0.

in general I can recommend the TP-link tl-wn722n as a usb wlan solution, I'm running it on all my rasppis. Its a "fullsized stick", but a) it works out of the box on raspian and openelec, b) has a real exchangeable antenna c) is able to crank up the send wattage (although doing so would be illegal in germany without a ham radio licence) and d) despite being bigger doesn't require a powered hub but runs on an iphone charger used to power my pi's just fine.

thumbs up pal.

You just might want to consider to get rid of all the xserver mumbojumbo for future releases, i was able to shrink it down to 1gig and thus managed to use an old 2gig sd card.

18. Mokkun

Mokkun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Norway
    Attached a txt of the info from the commands. (and whit the ctrl+a ctrl+d I could ssh into it). I do hope these help). And I really should get a keyboard for the rasberry so I do not have to disconect from the main comp..

*edit* also, thanks for helping me out.

Attached Files:

19. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hey, happy to help as long as it doesn't involve "can I haz porkemon on 7.1 soon guyz!?!?!?" ;)

anyway, it seems the RTL8192CU chipset isn't supported by vanilla hostapd (the tool used to create an access point from the usb wlan stick).

But it seems that realtek offers their own version of hostapd which you could give a whirl if you feel comfortable compiling software on linux.

A short writeup on how to do it is on http://learn.adafruit.com/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-as-a-wifi-access-point/compiling-hostapd.

The easier (but way uncooler) workaround would be to get another wlan stick.

20. Mokkun

Mokkun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Norway
    Thank you, seems I should take the easy way out and get the "rigth" usb stick, for a "easy" fix. as at current time. or maybe I will try out at a later time this week.
    And thanks again.