Spilled Lemonade on MacBook Pro

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
A couple months ago I spilled lemonade on my MacBook and it turned off soon after. Whence turned off I quickly flipped it over and placed fans under it and tried to dry the lemonade (it stayed like this for a couple of days). I tried to turn it on a couple of times after a few days but it didn't.
A month ago I tried to turn it on and it worked!?!? I did a few questions what I should do now (since it turned on) and they said that it'd be best to turn it off because the lemonade would probably damage the stuff inside m. So I set it to sleep mode to test that it'd turn back on and it worked . So while I slept I kept my computer in sleep mode and during the morning I tried to turn it on and it hasn't turned on since. :/

I believe that I somehow managed to create a spark allowing me to turn on the computer? It could be that the internals are completely fried, but when I connect it to a power source it does appear to be charging. I luckily managed to back up some of my computer's data before I put it to sleep mode over night. I'm having a genus bar appointment @ the Apple Store tomorrow but before that I would like to ask this forum if they have any suggestions to possible turn on the computer again?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This once happened to me with an old computer that had water spilled on it: it suddenly woke up a few months later but that was it. I believe that some water evaporated, allowing it to turn on, but the remaining water fried it completely. I cracked it open to do an autopsy and it showed water damage all over the motherboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.