ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being such a noob but I don't understand this at all. Searching for these"
0x5C7B6" kind of numbers in the hex editor does nothing. I don't know how to follow this. I've never used a hex editor before.

Use Ctrl + G and type in "5C7B6" or any other offsets you want to find.

===

Can someone help me?

For some reason my mayor doesn't receive anything in the mail. I've ordered several things and nothing arrives no matter how much I time travel. Haven't tested it on my other characters yet.

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but then how do I edit that? I can only seem to edit the hex bytes?

When you search for 5C7B6 you can type what you want right away. The offset is 5C7B0 and the byte is column 6, hence 5C7B6. If the bytes you need to change are in a range from, say, 5C7B2-5C7B6, you change each byte under the columns 2 through 6.

ayaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my mayor doesn't receive anything in the mail. I've ordered several things and nothing arrives no matter how much I time travel. Haven't tested it on my other characters yet.
Did you change the color of your town hall and/or station? If so, you can follow the instructions I wrote here to fix this. If you don't know what your original town ID was, you can search the RAM dump for another instance (not the one that follows 0x5C738-0x5C739, and not an instance where it's written in a letter or on the bulletin board) of your town name and look at the two bytes that precede it--that will be your original town ID. If you didn't change the town hall/station color, then I have no idea what the issue might be, unfortunately.

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change the color of your town hall and/or station? If so, you can follow the instructions I wrote here to fix this. If you don't know what your original town ID was, you can search the RAM dump for another instance (not the one that follows 0x5C738-0x5C739, and not an instance where it's written in a letter or on the bulletin board) of your town name and look at the two bytes that precede it--that will be your original town ID. If you didn't change the town hall/station color, then I have no idea what the issue might be, unfortunately.

Bingo. Took some detective work but I figured it out shortly before going to bed but thanks for the help nonetheless!

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I think I found how to change HHA score...

1428592172-zlcfztoihe4epxreom.jpg

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to look for where the station visits are located. I dumped three different files and no luck but I'm determined to discover something too. and contribute . . my eyes hurt so much :wacko: . I also noticed the information where like if someone visited your town and talked to your villagers.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to mention

About house editing, if you're planning to go max size, make sure that you have paid the 39 800 loan from Tom Nook, because otherwise, Lyle will never show up.

Happened to one of my side characters, and as far as I know, we have no way to edit these flags. For me, it's really unimportant, because well, it's a side character, but I'd hate for this to screw over someone

Reactions: cibomatto

CandyKlaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to change my suspension bridges in wooden bridges.

Here I found my bridges ID and I found them in the ram file too. The problem is that the site don't have the ID for wooden bridges. Someone know how I can do?

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checking to see if you can seed pwps after telling Isabelle to demolish a project but before it is demolished. I know for a fact you can't seed pwps when collecting donations for another pwp. (the Gyroid guy is outside)
EDIT
The project I was going to demolish dissapeared after I tt'd back in time so I couldn't test it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o