ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever figured the Town Plaza Tree HEX? I really want the fully grown tree and been trying to find the offset for it.

QuarryBeatle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found all three yesterday, I just didn't get to post them yesterday like I said I would. Sorry guys! I know everyone's excited.

Here are my findings for the TRAIN STATION COLOR and TOWN HALL COLOR:
I realized why I couldn't find the train station and town hall color as matching pairs when comparing same color buildings from diff towns... look at my results:

0x5C738 – TOWN HALL COLOR
C2 = green
A6 = green
EA = green
76 = green
0F = blue
EF = blue
F9 = brown

0x5C739 – TRAIN STATION COLOR
AB = brown
EF = brown
F8 = red
90 = red
96 = blue
92 = blue
B9 = green

nor do they seem to have any specific corresponding pattern (such as anything A0-A9 being brown and anything from 90-99 being blue, for instance)... but I've confirmed that picking any of the values for a specific color, WILL give you that specific color. so using either C2 or A6 for your town hall will give you a green town hall in both scenarios. I don't get it (yet).

I've been dumping a large amount of towns as you can see, seven alone up there to get those results. It would be nice if there was just ONE value per color (I was hoping it would be a simple 00 / 01 / 02 / 03 (or 01-04) case to denote the colors of the station and hall), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

That said, I'm wondering if there's somewhere else in the code that is ultimately calculating these values (such as the way the town tree is calculated by hours and days) and THAT is what is determining the randomness of the values...

All I know is, my brain gave up on me, so I'm sitting here staring at the values going WHAT IS THE COMMON THEME WITH YOU TELL ME YOUR SECRETS
Is this the right location, because I don't see those values on mine...?
67urk1.png

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I think there's something else that also needs testing -- in regards to the Dream Address theft issue. I've already been receiving reports that people are anonymously ripping Dream Towns and taunting the users they ripped them from by sharing data from the hex files. As you can imagine, this is personally violating to the victims, and most of us would prefer it NOT become a widespread trend.

I'm not sure if it's been tested yet as I hadn't been paying attention prior, but if Dream Towns can be ripped, can someone's Dream Town be overwritten by another person (injected)? Would the changes be permanent? How does the Dream Address handle the forced updates? Does it need a wi-fi connection to update?

I'm also not sure if the answers should be kept to private forum PMs for now, or not. Because if the answer is yes, they can be injected, that's... a whole other level of abuse that can become a problem. And if people start mass deleting their Dream Addresses in protest, I kind of feel like Nintendo is going to notice.

Hi. I actually tested this a few days ago. I visited my friend's town and took her town from there. Then (with her permission) injected it. When I tried to update the Dream Address it told me that another customer had already updated it and created a whole new address for it (meaning that it didn't override her Dream Town.) The reason why I did this with her Dream Address and not one of mine was because I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to update it from a different IP address. I asked her to try to update her town to see if it would update from the same Address as before or if me having updated her town would mess that up and create yet ANOTHER Address for her town. But she doesn't really play her game anymore so she hasn't gotten around to doing that. I'd love it if someone could help me test this second part.

I know that you said private messages. But posting it publicly so people know they got nothing to worry about. No one can override your dream town.

Reactions: Cey

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
You should try the same, but another way.
Use her ramfile, inject it in your game, cut some trees etc, and then update the dream, then ask someone to check before and after if the dream is changed.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll send her another text asking for permission. Just in case. I also wonder if it would change with someone who has updated their Dream Address recently. Maybe it's creating a new Address for her because she hasn't updated her dream in so long?

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright that works :) If anyone wants to share their Dream Address for testing let me know! Or if you don't feel comfortable sharing/don't have a Dream Address yet, but would like to help I can also give my Dream Address for testing!

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asked another friend for his Dream Address (which had been updated yesterday.) This is what happened:

- I injected his Dream Town making it my own: everything went smoothly. I cut down a bunch of his trees

- I tried to update his Dream Town: I was given a new Dream Code (which means his Dream Town wasn't overwritten with the one I ruined)

- I switched back to my own town and visited his Dream Town (using his original Code, not the one I got when I took his town): his town looked just as it had just before I had destroyed it. No damage done :)

- I asked him to update his Dream Town: he was able to update no problem and was also able to keep his original Dream Code (which means that he gets to keep his visitor count and doesn't need to update people with his new DC or anything)

So it looks like Dream Towns can't be griefed! The downside is that if you search your town by name you'll find several versions of it on there. And of course the fact that someone can just go and steal your entire town if they wanted to :(

Reactions: Cey and baandit

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the right location for the town hall/train station, because I don't see those values on mine...?
67urk1.png

Yes, the offsets are CORRECT. It is the VALUES that seem to have no corresponding pattern as I mentioned earlier, as I found 3 or more values for same color train stations from different towns, for example. But the values in your game correspond to your current colors.

Please document what color 95 is for your town hall, and what color C7 is for your train station. This is important. Everyone will need to document their different hex values for their train station colors and town hall colors until we figure out what the pattern is / what is causing such a wide variance in hex values for the same colors.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asked another friend for his Dream Address (which had been updated yesterday.) This is what happened:

- I injected his Dream Town making it my own: everything went smoothly. I cut down a bunch of his trees

- I tried to update his Dream Town: I was given a new Dream Code (which means his Dream Town wasn't overwritten with the one I ruined)

- I switched back to my own town and visited his Dream Town (using his original Code, not the one I got when I took his town): his town looked just as it had just before I had destroyed it. No damage done :)

- I asked him to update his Dream Town: he was able to update no problem and was also able to keep his original Dream Code (which means that he gets to keep his visitor count and doesn't need to update people with his new DC or anything)

So it looks like Dream Towns can't be griefed! The downside is that if you search your town by name you'll find several versions of it on there. And of course the fact that someone can just go and steal your entire town if they wanted to :(

Thanks so much for taking the time to test that, that information is vital. I really appreciate it and the community does as well.

That does suck about the DA duplicates being born -- I'm assuming Nintendo stores the DA information server-side so there's no hope of us deleting the duplicates we come across. Someone correct me if they know better.

The town ripping is still an issue, yes, and a big one. But at least now we know that people can't go around rampantly ruining other people's DA's real-time and updating them online.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having issues dumping / injecting? I keep receiving "Communication error" now when trying to do it. Please tell me this is temporary.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone willing to inject a custom photo ID into my save file?

I'm seriously stumped right now. I've been going at this for days, spending my free time trying to solve this, and I'm getting pissy that I can't get it right at all. It's only a picture of me.

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g7JK1QZ.png

I'm trying to get this my as town layout, but it keeps crashing at game startup. I suspected it had to do with the outer acres that the editor doesn't allow us to edit, so I manually edited them to what I thought was correct based on ram files of both a right and a left ocean town I have. That didn't work so I don't know why it's crashing. All the buildings were in a proper spot so maybe the game just doesn't accept a duo ocean? And yes, I know the ocean wouldn't flow in a single direction. I'm just experimenting for fun. The acres are at 0x4da04 if I'm not mistaken.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks JJ! I was just coming to post those links. Appreciate it.

g7JK1QZ.png

I'm trying to get this my as town layout, but it keeps crashing at game startup. I suspected it had to do with the outer acres that the editor doesn't allow us to edit, so I manually edited them to what I thought was correct based on ram files of both a right and a left ocean town I have. That didn't work so I don't know why it's crashing. All the buildings were in a proper spot so maybe the game just doesn't accept a duo ocean? And yes, I know the ocean wouldn't flow in a single direction. I'm just experimenting for fun. The acres are at 0x4da04 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure it's because the game MUST have a cliff face on one side, and the beach on the other. If you think about it, the game is programmed to have a mountain on one side of the game, which you happen to be driving through in a tunnel when you're talking to Rover on the train. The entire basis of the map and the game's layout relies on it, from the layout of Main Street to which direction your trains travel in.

I think there may be some luck editing waterfall location via the hex, and minor things like that that we're currently having glitches with on the ACNL Map Editor, but trying to do such massive edits as you are doing goes beyond what the game is fundamentally capable of. Maybe. I could be wrong.

Those are my best guesses, anyway.

Also, I just noticed you had three four beach ramps, which is ALWAYS a game breaker. You can only have two. Remove the extra ramps and see if you have better luck.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g7JK1QZ.png

You're only allowed to have 2 ramps. If you have more than 2 your game will crash every time. In the picture you have 4. I don't know if you're allowed to have a river that flows in both directions, but that might also be part of the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn