Speed up WiiFlow?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TheSly, Apr 24, 2014.

1. TheSly
    OP

TheSly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2013
    Australia
    When I start WiiFlow from SD (class 10, 400x speed) - no USB-Device connected - I get a delay of 15-20 seconds bevore WiiFlow starts (the same when starting my games too).

It's because WiiFlow starts faster, if an USB-Device is connected too, isn't it?

Can I change settings (maybe in the wiiflow.ini) to get rid of these delays?

2. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I think wii flow is looking for a usb drive that's why its taking so long , but I could be wrong. See if there is anything in the settings that you can change to make it look to the sd card first.

TheSly likes this.
  3. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    ...there is no wiiflow.ini setting for ignoring USB...if you just put a small USB device in port0, you'll be rewarded with speed...it doesn't even need anything on it....

Fix himself addressed this very question (from you) in the Wiiflow thread at the top of page 760... ...you even "liked" it...

almost everyone (i'd say everyone, but there's you) uses a USB device; i don't think it's something Fix will change....

4. TheSly
    OP

TheSly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2013
    Australia
    The USB-device didn't fix my problem, that's why I asked for any other possibility.

When I plug an USB-device, WiiFlow starts faster but my games won't start at all:-(

5. TheSly
    OP

TheSly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2013
    Australia
    I figured it out myself, thank you anyway