Special Xenoblade Classic Controller in Europe, NA release not coming

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,616
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted_171835

OP
This information comes from the lead manager of the French branch of Nintendo...

- special classic controller for Xenoblade Chronicles
- Nintendo of Europe had a presence at E3, but they weren't allow to show Xenoblade Chronicles
- this was because NoA didn't want to showcase games that they aren't planning to sell[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Screw you Nintendo of America. What reason could they have not to bring the game here? It's already translated for fucks sake.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
FFS, what is wrong with NOA?
I see absolutely no reason not to bring this game over here.
Ah well, I'll just import the PAL version then....

Everything is wrong with NoA, hell we're lucky if we get even one game from Japan not called "POKEMON!", Zelda, or "Will this ever be the Final Fantasy!?"

Heh, but I jest about the names, it's true though. We hardly get anything good over here, oh heaven forbid we do. No we get all the crap games that all the freaking casuals buy like "Lets be a retarded looking Lumberjack" and "Let's ****ing rehash the same party games over and over till they look like a blob of elephant turd, and return 5 days later, opened and scratched to hell.

It's sad too, it didn't used to be this way. It's why if there's a game that we do happen to get, that Japan also got a ways back, but Europe is getting it first, that I order it from Europe instead of buying it when it comes out over here, provided it's in english.

That way I at least support a branch of Nintendo that actually gives a ****ing rats *** about their real, true fanbase.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol something is really weird going on here, Europe seems to get games early which is okay since it's like 2-3 days only. But this is....ridiculous.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
It's funny when Americans don't get games and complain.

Have you seen the shit Europe has to put up with?

Do you mean in the sense of video game wise, and if yes then do you mean crappy games such as this?

3636.png

Feel free to correct me otherwise, I'm not entirely sure which context you're speaking in.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Erdnaxela said:
SoulSnatcher said:
- this was because NoA didn't want to showcase games that they aren't planning to sell
What!?
NoA don't even have to translate it >.<

Good point people, if NoE translates it into english, then there's no "We couldn't be bothered to translate it ourselves" excuse for NoA. Because it's already translated.

Yet again as I've said before, we'll probably get shitty games over here instead like "Imagine Letsrefuckingreleasethesamegoddaymnedgameoverandoverandoverandoverandoveragainti
llwe'vegonebankrupt!" and "Same Fucking Daymn Carnival Games That We've All Fucking Seen Over A Thousand Times Before, Because We Cant Seem To Think Of Anything Fucking Original Anymore"

God....*sniff*....I miss my old NoA....the good old one....you were so good to use, from the NES era up through the Gamecube era..Then you slowly started dying off, releasing some good games, but neglecting your original fanbase over the "Casual Gaming market"....why....why....it makes me so angry...so unbelievably angry.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
Nimbus said:
*whiny fanboy*
MAN UP!!

Heh, sorry, I really try to whine or anything too often, I just have an extremely short, and near non-existent fuse.

I just tend to get frustrated when I see the same damn crap being spewed out of the "supposed" developers room. We get more returns on the crap games at work than anything else for that matter. Heh, you'd think that people would read reviews on these and figure it out, but alas such is the way of society.

No matter, I'll at least admit that I'm a selective fanboy.

Still, I would have liked a Xenoblade controler myself, but I guess I'll have to import it....oh wait they probably wont work anyway even on my hacked NTSC Wii. Blast my lucky cousins across the pond from me!

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, look, where are we, GBATemp. What do most of us have? A softmodded wii.
What do we do? We pirate games, even though some of us wont admit it. If we don't, we import, and we use Gecko OS! Europe gets a release, and so, wherever we are, we will get to play this game if we try.
Stop whining, we are Tempers and because we are Tempers, we don't need this game to be released in N/A to play it, if it's really that great, I'm sure this wont be a problem. Am I right?

And if your complaining bout the controller, it's a controller for god's sake, it's not like it's a prototype of the WiiU or something.

And yes if you import the controller, it should work, they use the same peripherals.

If NoA doesn't bring a game that you want ove here because there lazy idiots, you kick NoA in the ass.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Terminator02 said:
hasn't nintendo done something like this before?
Does Jam with the Band count?
At least DS games didn't have region protection.
No hack needed to play my imported copy.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nimbus said:
prowler_ said:
It's funny when Americans don't get games and complain.

Have you seen the shit Europe has to put up with?

Do you mean in the sense of video game wise, and if yes then do you mean crappy games such as this?

3636.png

Feel free to correct me otherwise, I'm not entirely sure which context you're speaking in.
Games like this aren't the real problem here in Europe, it's more the traditional "let's convert the dollar price to Euro 1:1" or at an even worse rate. And at least here in Germany games take much longer to get priced down compared to the USA. Also we're getting many SqEnix games a few months later, but that got better at least with the AAA titles. And what really bugs me is that Atlus has no fixed publisher over here, so many of their games don't come out here. For example there is no announcement for Catherine yet, and the only DS and Wii games we got from the were the ones Nintendo decided to publish, which were only Etrian Odyssey 1 (not 2 or 3) and the Trauma Center games. But no Shiren the Wanderer Wii, no EO 2+3 and none of the SMT DS games. And I started really liking Atlus after I got my hand on Persona 3.
And here in Germany we have to put up with stupid politicians censoring or banning games rather stupidly, even for adults, and calling it "protection of the youth". Most of them you can import, but nowadays you run into problems like getting the german version of L4D2 even if you activated a code of a impoorted retail copy and that MS does not give you DLC for games that are banned in Germany even if you have an imported 360 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E