Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
They are sickening and disgusting. They have no respect and it's hugely embarrassing for America. VERY EMBARASSMENT! "South Park" Creators are stupid!

Not true, South Park is one of the only reasons (well not really, but the show is still kickass) why I like America, not embarassing at all and I love the show. But it's ok if you don't find it funny. It's just a cartoon anyways
smile.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
South Park creators just love to touch dangerous subjects. XD Such as cancer jokes, gay jokes, Jew jokes, Christian jokes, and everything else offensive to sensitive audiences.
laugh.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
tattar8 said:
The reason for this anger by the Muslims toward the creators of South Park is because in Islamic law it is forbidden to depict Mohammed in any way.

South Park is made in America, not islamland

it doesn't fall under islam law, and therefore should not have been censored in any way
Let me word it a different way. Muslims are offended by the depiction of Mohammed in any visual form for certain detailed reasons, that's why there are almost no paintings of him.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
Law said:
tattar8 said:
The reason for this anger by the Muslims toward the creators of South Park is because in Islamic law it is forbidden to depict Mohammed in any way.

it doesn't fall under islam law, and therefore should not have been censored in any way
Let me word it a different way. Muslims are offended by the depiction of Mohammed in any visual form for certain detailed reasons, that's why there are almost no paintings of him.

But why should that give them the right to use threats of violence to enforce their blasphemy laws on a non-Islamic country?

D

Deleted_171835

TrolleyDave said:
tattar8 said:
Law said:
tattar8 said:

But why should that give them the right to use threats of violence to enforce their blasphemy laws on a non-Islamic country?
These are extremists, though.
They differ from the everyday Muslim.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:

I know this, I've made the distinction several times in this thread and mentioned there was a huge difference in the poll thread.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
TrolleyDave said:
tattar8 said:
Law said:
tattar8 said:

But how often have you seen these so called everyday muslims out on the streets in protesting against these extremists who are giving their so called religion of peace a bad name?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@SoulSnatcher: Exactly. I have no problem with regular Muslims, but I just think the extremists are, well, too extreme. Al Qaeda is a group of extremists. However, there was one incident that I recall in which Mohammed was depicted as a terrorist, and after that there were riots by the general Muslim public and death threats by the extremists (of course) for months in India, Pakistan, and Syria. Everyday Muslims can be provoked, but their methods are no worse then a basic protest/riot.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tattar8 said:
@SoulSnatcher: Exactly. I have no problem with regular Muslims, but I just think the extremists are, well, too extreme. Al Qaeda is a group of extremists. However, there was one incident that I recall in which Mohammed was depicted as a terrorist, and after that there were riots by the general Muslim public and death threats by the extremists (of course) for months in India, Pakistan, and Syria. Everyday Muslims can be provoked, but their methods are no worse then a basic protest/riot.
Depiction of Mohammed as a terrorist is a totally different story though, in that case it is intentionally offensive while in this case they're merely trying to prove a point in a non-offensive way.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
tattar8 said:
Depiction of Mohammed as a terrorist is a totally different story though, in that case it is intentionally offensive while in this case they're merely trying to prove a point in a non-offensive way.
And its these extremists who take the depiction of Mohammed as a terrorist to a whole new extreme.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clearly South Park had no idea on Muslim views towards graphical depictions of Mohammed. I wouldn't get too mad at them. All the Muslims need to do is send them a letter of explanation. These extremists are sending death threats...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:

Case in point proven by MeowTheMouse's post a couple of pages back who didn't condemn the threats of violence against Matt and Trey, instead declaring them to be the real terrorists.

QUOTE(tattar8 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:54 AM) Clearly South Park had no idea on Muslim views towards graphical depictions of Mohammed. I wouldn't get too mad at them. All the Muslims need to do is send them a letter of explanation. These extremists are sending death threats...

They did know it was Islamists would be be offended it, just as they knew that showing Buddha snorting coke in front of kids would offend Buddhists. The point they were making was that only Islamists would kick up a stink and try to force the censorship of the episode and that it would be the only one they would be forced to censor. A point which was very well proven. The other thing is why should they care? We live in secular democracies, not Islamic Caliphates. Why should people fear offending someone else in order to make a valid social commentary. This wasn't like the Danish cartoons, it wasn't designed to mock or offend in that kind of way.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
I see what this is turning into: an ethical flamewar. Can this be closed please?

A flamewar? I don't see any flaming just because peoples posts dont agree with each other doesn't make it a flame war. Also I don't see why you want it closed, just don't read the thread?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tattar8 said:
I see what this is turning into: an ethical flamewar. Can this be closed please?
This is a discussion forum. Without different kinds of opinions there'd be next to no discussions and therefore nullifying the need for this community. And disagreeing with someone does not automatically mean they're "flaming"/"trolling", those words are tossed around far too often nowadays.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
I wish I could say you were right, but Comedy Central themselves censored the episode. Even the usually uncut version that appears on the web is censored. I'm very let down by this. Not by Matt and Trey obviously, but by Comedy Central.
frown.gif
A secular democracy banning the image and name of Mohammed, disgusting. A religion has not right being able to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable to be broadcast on television. The even more stupid thing is that it's considered "blashpemous", yet I always thought blasphemy was taking Gods name in vain. Mohammed's not their God, he's their prophet. Shame on Comedy Central and shame on the unhinged over-indoctrinated religious zealots.
To be a little on the Muslims' side (NOT the extremists, I still believe they're fucking retarded), Muhammad is to Muslims as the Pope is to Catholics, except multiply it by twenty. Muslims LOVE Muhammad so much for whatever their reasons (I'm still learning about the religion myself so I can't really give much information).

It is despicable to see Comedy Central, a network that displays South Park (reason enough), censor something over religion. Perhaps they are afraid for Stone and Parker's lives, but still...

Jesus, South Park had a CHRISTMAS special about devil-worshiping animals having a blood orgy, and no one is threatening to take their lives after that. I really wish there weren't so many Muslim extremists, it gives normal ones a very bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @SylverReZ common england l