Hacking Source Unverified: SuperCard Team is developing DSTwo+

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. There is patch for all these games, but my point is that these games should work in the best DS card
That's a shitty point. They probably never patched the DSTWO to make those games work because there is already a work around. Why waste development effort on a problem that's already been fixed?

Reactions: emmanu888

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's a shitty point. They probably never patched the DSTWO to make those games work because there is already a work around. Why waste development effort on a problem that's already been fixed?

Because they open the bug reporting thread and they promised to fix the bugs, and because that games work without patch on almost any r4 cheap clone

Reactions: kyogre123

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didn't know that about the DSTWO. I thought it was constantly praised for a reason aside their extra processor...

I guess Jontan is right about the support of the card.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that about the DSTWO. I thought it was constantly praised for a reason aside their extra processor...

I guess Jontan is right about the support of the card.

Jontan is a lazy bastard. Sorry but it is true. It takes a few seconds worth of work to patch a game with the patches they provide. If he can't take the time to get a patch and use it then he doesn't deserve the flash card. Seriously the laziness in todays gamers is extremely sad.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jontan is a lazy bastard. Sorry but it is true. It takes a few seconds worth of work to patch a game with the patches they provide. If he can't take the time to get a patch and use it then he doesn't deserve the flash card. Seriously the laziness in todays gamers is extremely sad.

That's not an excuse if these games actually work without patches on other DS flashcards.

Reactions: Lordjontan

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

No problem,you are a dumbass. You don't understand the point of the support.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
tbh if gateway fix AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM, you could actually make DS/i installable cia files, which could actually be better, im guessing if its true they would of been basing it on the old 4.x exploit....idk would be good to have a properly independent dev team working on it but at this point i think gateway has done pretty much everything people could want...once they fix ds/gba support in emunand all anyone else could really try do is compete on price....unless they plan to add a quad core processor into it so people can emulate the wii :rofl2:
Like for playing N3DS Exclusive games on the old models. Why not? DSTWO was the best NDS cart well still is and also the most powerful one.

If the manage to built one like that with all other features...ByeBye Gateway.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, to the naysayers complaining about lack of features, remember that the 3DS scene began this phase of its lifecycle only a month ago. SuperCard went through a lot of different iterations before reaching the pinnacle with the DSTwo. In the early days of the DS scene, SuperCard was seen as a poor man's option in comparison to the M3 and EZ-Flash. It wasn't until they took a gamble with combining the iPlayer with the DSOnei that we would see SuperCard rise to the top of a highly saturated market.

If SuperCard is indeed working on a 3DS flashcard, then I fully expect them to continue that SOC approach to set their hardware apart from the rest. One change that I would like to see is a switch to using ARM instead of MIPS for their ISA. With the proper permissions, it could potentially allow the flashcard's on-board processor to be used in concert with the 3DS' CPUs instead of being used in lieu of them*. A flashcard that can also act as a hardware expansion is one way to keep flashcards relevant in a scene where CFW is finally starting to coalesce.

*I'm not a Comp Sci student, so theory based on basic understanding of computing and the various levels of coding.*

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Like for playing N3DS Exclusive games on the old models. Why not? DSTWO was the best NDS cart well still is and also the most powerful one.

If the manage to built one like that with all other features...ByeBye Gateway.
its all well and good being "the best" but when it comes at 4x the price of competitors you kinda limit your market

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its all well and good being "the best" but when it comes at 4x the price of competitors you kinda limit your market
The tail end of the DS scene also reminded us that you get what you pay for. The $40 card was designed to be futureproof and came with longterm technical support. The $5-10 cards were designed to be replaced with a new card once blacklisted.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The tail end of the DS scene also reminded us that you get what you pay for. The $40 card was designed to be futureproof and came with longterm technical support. The $5-10 cards were designed to be replaced with a new card once blacklisted.
im not aruing that supercard didn't do a good job pushing out quick patches to dodge the blacklist, but really i doubt they will be doing the whole "embedded cpu for blast processing", and if they do i can only imagine it would be done as a gimmick, as it stands they do good hardware, but i think when it comes to the 3ds you want a team that has proven themselves to do good software seeing as the whole exploit is pretty much dependent on the software and the card is simply a way to sell it to people

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the in-game menu would be present in 3DS games too (not right now, but in a later update to the card). Also, after smealum releases his exploit, the Supercard team may be able to incorporate .cia installation into the card.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logically, if the SuperCard team develops a linker for Nintendo 3DS , it should bear the name "DSThree" not DSTwo+ ...​
Shouldn't it be called the DSThree?
Ba_dum_tss_Troll_face_lol_funny_joke_mhm_okay_is_you_good.jpg

Edit: :ninja:

Yeah, just like how the DSTWO was for the 2DS... oh wait...

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I myself failed to understand why it was that Gateway team could not, in their ROM selection menu, add an option for DS cart mode, whereby the red card would be read as a DS title, and boot with perhaps a version of AKAIO like the blue card does. But that's okay, if Supercard team does this, they will have to follow, just like they did with CIA support, in order to keep up with competition.

Reactions: satel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s