Hacking Source Unverified: SuperCard Team is developing DSTwo+

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More competition is always good. However, I disliked the overall quality of the dscardtwo cart itself. Very flimsy and brakes really easy. I had to use super glue to fix mine as the front came off. Here to hoping they use high quality plastic to make the thing a little more rigid.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Supercard was always a brand of high-quality products, so if this turns out to be real then great - more competition for Gateway! :)

Supercard team is not only about proven quality as you said but is also about proven support through out the years,how do we know GATEWAY team doesn't go down the ACEKARD road with poor support ?? i think Supercard if true is going to enter the 3DS scene then it's going to be the number one card on the market.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Supercard team is not only about proven quality as you said but is also about proven support through out the years,how do we know GATEWAY team doesn't go down the ACEKARD road with poor support ?? i think Supercard if true is going to enter the 3DS scene then it's going to be the number one card on the market.
I remember when I was a kid I always had my eyes on a CycloDS then after it died, I never bought it cuz couldnt afford it, all my attention was on the SuperCard but I didnt have a job back then but everytime I came here and read all the comments Tempers had to say about it I cried. And only could afford a Acekard2, 2.1, 2i. It was like you wanted a PS3/PS4 and all you could get was a PS2/PS3.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I myself failed to understand why it was that Gateway team could not, in their ROM selection menu, add an option for DS cart mode, whereby the red card would be read as a DS title, and boot with perhaps a version of AKAIO like the blue card does. But that's okay, if Supercard team does this, they will have to follow, just like they did with CIA support, in order to keep up with competition.

you are right supercard if is true then it may force them to release more withheld features just like the CIA one.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't it be called the DSThree?
Ba_dum_tss_Troll_face_lol_funny_joke_mhm_okay_is_you_good.jpg

Edit: :ninja:

why not the ThreeDS????????

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh gateway have proven themselves to be committed to their product, if supercard do enter the 3ds card market they will be doing so with no track record in terms of working with the 3ds except changing the NDS card spoofing, basically if coca cola came out with a pizza next week does that mean its better than pizzas already available made by people who have been making pizza's all along?.....just because they are good at one thing doesn't mean they are great at something else, don't get me wrong i would like to see what they can do, but personally i don't see them bringing anything new to the table, gateway seem to have it down to a tee, 1 day for updated emunand support, i don't think even supercard had their patches out in under 24 hours and they where just switching games for NDS mode

as others have said the dstwo team kinda got lazy with supporting the DStwo and stopped providing updated rom compatibility instead just taking the stance of "oh well someone else can fix it for us and make a patch"....not exactly exemplary support imo

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Competition is always a great thing. And SuperCard knocked it out of the park with the fantastic DSTWO, so I'll be keeping watch.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
software DRM proves how committed they are to their products! and its not sarcasm, because it really does xD
yeah but any flashcard at all is basically just a dongle with SD slot functionality.....with the bizarre exception of sky3ds & c, basically unless supercard release a sky3ds clone that's the only way they would be not just trying to sell DRM, the 4.x exploit would be perfectly feasible for running everything gateway can do but without the card......but who with half a brain would decide to commit themselves to so much work for nothing when they can lock it down with a card and make money from it

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wat. I played mass attack on my dstwo on 3ds just last week.

I mean EU versión. And it really matter because EU versión is Multi5, you know, there are other languages besides English. But this is not my point, you can patch the rom with retrogamefan's tool in three minutes, but the team should have fixed this.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I mean EU versión. And it really matter because EU versión is Multi5, you know, there are other languages besides English. But this is not my point, you can patch the rom with retrogamefan's tool in three minutes, but the team should have fixed this.

Yeah they should've... but there is a workaround. Plus, what sets SCDSTWO apart is that it works on every single 3DS firmware, unlike other DS flashcarts. And it's the only way to play GBA on the 3DS as well.

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah they should've... but there is a workaround. Plus, what sets SCDSTWO apart is that it works on every single 3DS firmware, unlike other DS flashcarts. And it's the only way to play GBA on the 3DS as well.

I know, it's a wonderful card, I love it, but the support should be better since we are talking about the best DS card

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
inb4 the "Supercard team" turns out to be some totally unrelated bunch of people who are trying to cash in on the Supercard name. Just like 12398471293847 other did with the R4.

And weren't there talks about this when GW first came out? Heck, I even heard that SC was somehow involved in GW among the many rumours floating around. So yea. Taking this with more than a pinch of salt. Try a truckload.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
inb4 the "Supercard team" turns out to be some totally unrelated bunch of people who are trying to cash in on the Supercard name. Just like 12398471293847 other did with the R4.

And weren't there talks about this when GW first came out? Heck, I even heard that SC was somehow involved in GW among the many rumours floating around. So yea. Taking this with more than a pinch of salt. Try a truckload.
its getting to that time of year when the clone teams drop their cards and make the "2015 edition"......so maybe its something to do with MT/R4&co

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat