Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the N3DS does different with TWL_FIRM that permits this.

I think its not that the N3DS handles the twl_firm differently, but that rxTools applies the reboot patch (that lets you exit extended ram games like SSB without rebooting) to both O3DS and N3DS and iirc the reboot patch is what breaks twl/agb usage.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no i didnt clone my other sd card as it was so confusing to do everyone has a different method so i just started from scratch and what i used was emmunand9 but everything works homebrew channel just reinand starts and gives me that error its a 16gb sandisk extreme micro sdhc card btw

Ok, just to clarify your emunand was already updated to 10.3+ on the old sd card? If so were you able to load into reinand at all at any point with the new sd card?

Reactions: daxtsu

smaciaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its not that the N3DS handles the twl_firm differently, but that rxTools applies the reboot patch (that lets you exit extended ram games like SSB without rebooting) to both O3DS and N3DS and iirc the reboot patch is what breaks twl/agb usage.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, just to clarify your emunand was already updated to 10.3+ on the old sd card? If so were you able to load into reinand at all at any point with the new sd card?
got it woring again woo thanks for trying to help though much appreciated

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Not sure what fucked up. Did some testing; DS mode works fine in 9.2 sysnand. DSi enhanced cards launch from emunand no problem, but any and all regular DS cards error out, flashcards and retail cards alike. Dafuq?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Not sure what fucked up. Did some testing; DS mode works fine in 9.2 sysnand. DSi enhanced cards launch from emunand no problem, but any and all regular DS cards error out, flashcards and retail cards alike. Dafuq?
Did you ever mess with the NAND? Like trying to re-enable a flashcart or something?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any chance you maybe installed a patched twl_firm or something? (no idea where you would have got one for the N3DS, but *shrug*)

What about downgrading the whitelist?

broad101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when trying to run reinand for the first time.. im setting it up now using Coldboot... it gives me the splash screen with the girl and then black screen.. what am i doing wrong... I have all the files needed and set up correct.. im following this guide and I cannot get reinand to boot..

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when trying to run reinand for the first time.. im setting it up now using Coldboot... it gives me the splash screen with the girl and then black screen.. what am i doing wrong... I have all the files needed and set up correct.. im following this guide and I cannot get reinand to boot..

You sure you downloaded the (latest) correct firmware.bin file?

broad101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did have the ones from the youtube link but then changed them to the github ones... i can try replace them again... otherwise what cfw could i try to load on n3ds

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did have the ones from the youtube link but then changed them to the github ones... i can try replace them again... otherwise what cfw could i try to load on n3ds
Did the ones from the youtube link originally work?
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Download the 3.2b one, and download the firmware.bin file from Rei's github as well. Place the firmware.bin in the "rei" folder that's on the root of your SD card.

broad101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ the ones from the youtube link also just black screened.. and i have downloaded 3.2b and the firmware multiple times and still black screen when booting..

I am booting into menuhax and into ctr boot manager from there straight into reinand and thats where it ends... should i try pasta to see it i can at least get emunand running

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ the ones from the youtube link also just black screened.. and i have downloaded 3.2b and the firmware multiple times and still black screen when booting..

I am booting into menuhax and into ctr boot manager from there straight into reinand and thats where it ends... should i try pasta to see it i can at least get emunand running
Pasta doesn't boot into your emuNAND, it boots into your sysNAND.

Try booting directly into reiNAND without the boot manager, also make sure you have the folders and files in the proper locations. Finally, make sure you actually created an emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)