Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To transfer from yes. To learn... not particularly.

How do you figure Java to be the hardest to transfer from? I went from C++ to Java, and I can't imagine the other way around would be that troublesome, quite the opposite I can't think of an easier transer. Same if you go Java to C#.

Juggalo Debo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having an odd issue. reinand black screen. just keeps doing it. loads to the "press start" then freezes on black screen. searched everywhere cant find answer. not a total noob either. i have o3ds with rxtools and emunand 10.3. im on 9.2 and have menuhax installed..... just wish it would work..... any ideas?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im having an odd issue. reinand black screen. just keeps doing it. loads to the "press start" then freezes on black screen. searched everywhere cant find answer. not a total noob either. i have o3ds with rxtools and emunand 10.3. im on 9.2 and have menuhax installed..... just wish it would work..... any ideas?

The official build doesn't work on O3DS yet. If you're looking to use Reinand, you'll need to use Aurora Wright's mod of it (https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinand-mod-o3ds-n3ds-sysnand.411110/) for now.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
How do you figure Java to be the hardest to transfer from? I went from C++ to Java, and I can't imagine the other way around would be that troublesome, quite the opposite I can't think of an easier transer. Same if you go Java to C#.
It's just the other way WOULD be... trust me... it sucked. But Java to C# PFFT... BABY STUFF.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's just the other way WOULD be... trust me... it sucked. But Java to C# PFFT... BABY STUFF.

I'm sure it's not entirely painless... But I think going from Python to C++ or Java is a more difficult transfer, or Visual Basic to any of those two. So I trust you on the sucked part, but still not on that it would be the most difficult transfer.

smaciaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to get into reinand it loads then gives me a "an error has occurred hold down power button to shut down" any help?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no im using it on my n3ds my o3ds is working great with rxtools. i no reinand is for n3ds.....thx tho

Is your N3DS emunand already updated to 10.3+? It sounds like you are still using the 2.1 files as the "press start to boot" message was removed with either 3.0 or 3.1 (not sure which).

You should download Reinand 3.2b from the releases page of the github and find the firmware .bin file link in the readme and download it as well. Replace the files on your sd card with these and then try booting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when i try to get into reinand it loads then gives me a "an error has occurred hold down power button to shut down" any help?

A few questions:

Are you using a N3DS?

Is your system downgraded from 10.3?

If so, did you have menuhax set up in 10.3?

Did your system ever boot into any cfw without issue?

smaciaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your N3DS emunand already updated to 10.3+? It sounds like you are still using the 2.1 files as the "press start to boot" message was removed with either 3.0 or 3.1 (not sure which).

You should download Reinand 3.2b from the releases page of the github and find the firmware .bin file link in the readme and download it as well. Replace the files on your sd card with these and then try booting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A few questions:

Are you using a N3DS?

Is your system downgraded from 10.3?

If so, did you have menuhax set up in 10.3?

Did your system ever boot into any cfw without issue?

yup n3ds downgraded from 10.3 everything was working til i switched micro sd cards :/ i started the whole process over and nothing it gives me the error

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup n3ds downgraded from 10.3 everything was working til i switched micro sd cards :/ i started the whole process over and nothing it gives me the error

OH!

When you say you started the whole process over, do you mean you set up a new emunand with gw or emunand9?

Or did you just copy the contents of your old sd card to the new one?

smaciaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH!

When you say you started the whole process over, do you mean you set up a new emunand with gw or emunand9?

Or did you just copy the contents of your old sd card to the new one?
no i didnt clone my other sd card as it was so confusing to do everyone has a different method so i just started from scratch and what i used was emmunand9 but everything works homebrew channel just reinand starts and gives me that error its a 16gb sandisk extreme micro sdhc card btw

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can ReiNand run regular DS games from 10.5 emunand? Everything I launch seems to just end in an error for me.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I do believe I still have the DS profile exploit still installed.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can ReiNand run regular DS games from 10.5 emunand? Everything I launch seems to just end in an error for me.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I do believe I still have the DS profile exploit still installed.
I think it's the same as CakesFW in that DS games only work on new3DS.

Edit: derp. Forgot reiNAND only supports new3DS right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus