Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
holy shit you read my mind lol.. was just talking about changing the screen up a bit.. because my next commit will bring this into ReiNand 3.0 =)
This will give me some ideas.

Oh some others and me discussed that a few pages back already :) But I'm glad I could maybe spark some ideas :D Feel free to use anything you see as you see fit and if you should have anything specific in mind I would love to help out!

Reactions: peteruk

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you and your team have a better method you'd like to share with the community, then by all means, please do. If all you have to contribute is snarky comments, then please don't.
Just make a service, same as all the other ARM11 processes. Or do that weird DLP takeover that keeps getting suggested for some reason.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Just make a service, same as all the other ARM11 processes. ....
T-That's too obvious :v (might actually try that lol.. even tho my code is all arm9. that ought to be fun)

Oh some others and me discussed that a few pages back already :) But I'm glad I could maybe spark some ideas :D Feel free to use anything you see as you see fit and if you should have anything specific in mind I would love to help out!
I'm not very artsy but i like the first one, but i like those monochrome with a splash of color hype images too..

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably other region games... run freemultipatcher and I bet you'll have 15 presents to unwrap <30 seconds later...

Camera? Nah, that would only make sense if it was an N3DS only thing (as in, the head tracking thing), but it's been around since the GW came out. It's more of a GPU reset.

I thought it was a N3DS thing?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
T-That's too obvious :v (might actually try that lol.. even tho my code is all arm9. that ought to be fun)

I'm not very artsy but i like the first one, but i like those monochrome with a splash of color hype images too..

I'm happy you like some of them :) I could try to add a bit of color to the monochrome ones too if you want me to try. I sort of tried to make a logo resembling a NAND chip and sprinkle a bit Maki-chan here and there :P

Reactions: klear and peteruk

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of the next commit, how's it coming?
last thing is a weird bug that started ever since i implemented proper key generation.. keys generate but it broke the memcpy calls in my emunand code in firm.c .. so i tried to fix that and now it just returns 0 when reading the SD for emunand lol.. i cant win apparently. bizzare bugs.. i made sure everything is casting ok.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last thing is a weird bug that started ever since i implemented proper key generation.. keys generate but it broke the memcpy calls in my emunand code in firm.c .. so i tried to fix that and now it just returns 0 when reading the SD for emunand lol.. i cant win apparently. bizzare bugs.. i made sure everything is casting ok.

So the builds we are all rocking atm aren't properly generating keys? :O

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah those are too obvious.. Try find some devs from other teams for this ARM9->ARM11 solution.
IIRC CakesFW 'dhs' branch is supposed to provide a service. Even I don't know that totally you might want to have a look at it. (Try contact mid-kid or b1l1s)
Sometimes do a CppCheck might give you some ideas about it. BTW don't forget to push those to a "WIP" branch and find guys to check it again.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah those are too obvious.. Try find some devs from other teams for this ARM9->ARM11 solution.
IIRC CakesFW 'dhs' branch is supposed to provide a service. Even I don't know that totally you might want to have a look at it. (Try contact mid-kid or b1l1s)

Sometimes do a CppCheck might give you some ideas about it. BTW don't forget to push those to a "WIP" branch and find guys to check it again.
Didn't even know CppCheck was a thing :P
Thanks

Also Im a regular on #Cakey, bilis showed me the dhs branch before. I'll look into that again.

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Didn't even know CppCheck was a thing :P
Thanks

Also Im a regular on #Cakey, bilis showed me the dhs branch before. I'll look into that again.
BTW don't forget to check what warnings compiler produced. and make after clean.
I've ever encountered weird issue that due to wrong symbols mapping.. Hope that could be solved soon and well. Good luck!

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Probably other region games... run freemultipatcher and I bet you'll have 15 presents to unwrap <30 seconds later...
You serious? I came back to 9.5 emunand. But I cant understand this thing. I have already freemultipatcher on emunand and yes I have ~15 games, other region. Should I run freemultipatcher again?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You serious? I came back to 9.5 emunand. But I cant understand this thing. I have already freemultipatcher on emunand and yes I have ~15 games, other region. Should I run freemultipatcher again?
Freemultipatcher needs to be run every time you restart your console.

Another silly question, how to enter the menu?

I just put the recovery key as L but nothing happens.
This isn't rxTools. I mean, is there even a menu?

Last edited by wurstpistole,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully Reinand 3.0 will remove the need to do this
Yup, it's the only minor thing that bugs me in Reinand. But it also has GBA/DS support in EmuNAND, which rxTools hasn't, and that's also quite a big thing.

Other than that it runs rock stable. I even switched to Reinand in my N3DS CFW tutorial for now.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I updated to EmuNAND 10.3e yesterday and I had the false link error (forgot the code) so I decided to backup my EmuNAND and format. I forgot to backup my Nintendo 3DS folder so now I'm in my old EmuNAND without my cias and CIA manager (BBM) I currently don't have access to a computer so H&S injection is my last resort. I have tried using FBI (but doesn't work ofc) and NASA but I can't boot NASA for some reason. What could I do?
Anyone?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On page 81, saw a version of reinand with autoboot (n3ds, 10.3) but without the splash screen. Is there one with it? I like reinand autobooting without having to press start but the reinand logo appearing is nice too.

Reactions: klear

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your only option, short of recreating your emunand, is to inject fbi or devmenu into the H&S app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On page 81, saw a version of reinand with autoboot (n3ds, 10.3) but without the splash screen. Is there one with it? I like reinand autobooting without having to press start but the reinand logo appearing is nice too.

Attachments

• reinand_autoboot_test.rar
    109.9 KB · Views: 117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious