Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
it would nice if someone would share a pre-compiled version for those of us without the facilities or knowledge to compile ourselves so that we can test and report back also

sharing is caring after all :)

This is going to sound rude.. but no.. IF this is strictly testing, do not post a precompiled build. Whether you want to test or not isn't the issue.. It's the problems that may arise from people coming in looking for handouts, and getting freezes or other nonsense. Either wait, or get what you need to build it yourself.

Reactions: peteruk

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For compilation is there are reason to get this?

/bin/sh: python: command not found
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Downloads/ReiNand-master/ReiNand-master/mset'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `launcher'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Downloads/ReiNand-master/ReiNand-master/mset'
make: *** [out/ReiNand.dat] Error 2

Only seems to hang on MSET.

If you just download the "Reinand-master" .zip file, you won't have the mset files downloaded.

Instead, make a new folder, and use the command window (shift + right click) and the command "git clone --recursive (reinand github url).git"
That should download the main files, and all files that are stored elsewhere on github that are used to build the program. That's useful any time you're trying to get a source from github.

Edit: I'm an idiot who can't tell right from left.

Last edited by Cap'n Josh,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to sound rude.. but no.. IF this is strictly testing, do not post a precompiled build. Whether you want to test or not isn't the issue.. It's the problems that may arise from people coming in looking for handouts, and getting freezes or other nonsense. Either wait, or get what you need to build it yourself.

I take your point, but communities are supposed to be about sharing, but hey ho

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would nice if someone would share a pre-compiled version for those of us without the facilities or knowledge to compile ourselves so that we can test and report back also

sharing is caring after all :)
My point exactly. Never compile a thing.

Willing to learn too. And on top of that in need of a new PC/laptop to start learning programming. Can't do much with this 7 years old laptop now.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I take your point, but communities are supposed to be about sharing, but hey ho

I agree, but the point still stands. Now, if this were stable, and people were just bragging about it? That's a different story. Not that I doubt Rei's abilities.. but we don't need another series of bricks because people don't know what they're doing..

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, but the point still stands. Now, if this were stable, and people were just bragging about it? That's a different story. Not that I doubt Rei's abilities.. but we don't need another series of bricks because people don't know what they're doing..

point taken, i see your reasoning :)

just difficult for those of us keen to try

Reactions: Kioku

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this could cause bricks, if anything it would just be busted emunands.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

This is emuNAND we're talking about, what bricks?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this could cause bricks, if anything it would just be busted emunands.
This is emuNAND we're talking about, what bricks?

You'd be surprised at how people are too quick to jump the gun.. There's actually a few cases popping up with bricks because people didn't know they weren't in emuNand after downgrading.. There are a TON of new people to the scene. Whether it's emunand or not doesn't matter. People will get too antsy and skip a step.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
enuNAND bricks are a thing. They are easily fixable, but noobs will complain anyways.
This, too. Even if it were just emuNand bricks.. the increase of "How do I fix my emunand" or "is it bricked" threads would just become obnoxious..

Reactions: Rosselman

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be surprised at how people are too quick to jump the gun.. There's actually a few cases popping up with bricks because people didn't know they weren't in emuNand after downgrading.. There are a TON of new people to the scene. Whether it's emunand or not doesn't matter. People will get too antsy and skip a step.
In all honesty I don't have much sympathy for people who can't read the big bold "BETA: NOT FIT FOR PUBLIC USE YET" text and just use it without following proper instruction. Those of us who know what we're doing shouldn't be hindered because of worries that reckless people might screw it up when they shouldn't be doing it anyway.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty I don't have much sympathy for people who can't read the big bold "BETA: NOT FIT FOR PUBLIC USE YET" text and just use it without following proper instruction. Those of us who know what we're doing shouldn't be hindered because of worries that reckless people might screw it up when they shouldn't be doing it anyway.

If you know what you're doing? Then compiling the latest builds shouldn't be an issue, no?

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
enuNAND bricks are a thing. They are easily fixable, but noobs will complain anyways.

That's what i'm saying, I don't know why he makes it sound like an emuNAND brick is a big deal when it's just using emuNAND9, Gateway Launcher, emuNAND Tool or anything like that to restore it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I know how to compile but I've got a mac with no access to windows so i cant compile reinand anyways :-(
Bootcamp is amazing. :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what i'm saying, I don't know why he makes it sound like an emuNAND brick is a big deal when it's just using emuNAND9, Gateway Launcher, emuNAND Tool or anything like that to restore it.

You missed what I was saying.. Not surprised, really..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rPCxHN1Zg