Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually, you did several things wrong. First, you posted something concerning corbenik in the reinand thread. Second, you simply assumed it was right, without any proper testing or RTFM'ing (read the 11.3 page on 3dbrew). Third, you reposted it in the Cakes thread without a second thought.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk.
No, you are completely right for laying in on me like that. I fucked up and should be called out on that otherwise I would continue to fuck up. I removed that post once I realized something was wrong.
My bad everyone, just ignore that post please. I am just going to call it a night (morning to some, but I work nights.) It appears my lack of sleep is causing a lack of proper judgement.
@Wolfvak Can you do me a favor and remove my quote from your post? I already reported my post to be removed, but I really don't want to be the cause of misinformation spreading. I really wanted to be wrong that badly that I didn't even follow my own testing guideline and kind of jumped the gun when I got results. Regardless, I don't want to see that quote spreading around as fact.

Last edited by The Catboy,

langeli

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys, Im new. Have a new 3ds xl and my son made something at boot that for now after 5 secs on mune that starts CFW Reinand.. it become black and never opens 3ds.. can you help me ??

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
How can I solve? that are something I can do, maybe change to arm9loaderhax? Im just lost here, dont know what to do, styck on reinard boot start screen.
Use Luma3ds for the time being. It works on 11.3, right now I'm having issues with loading any 11.X NativeFirm on Reinand.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Notice: There is an issue with the new reboot patch on o3ds. Extended memory games are broken at the moment unless you use my quick fix here.
Edit: no it doesn't. fun.
Here with a working 11.3 o3ds, didn't test the reboot thing but hey, at least it boots [emoji14]
Edit: Nope, EM games doesn't work as expected.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
D

Deleted User

Here with a working 11.3 o3ds, didn't test the reboot thing but hey, at least it boots
emoji14.png

Edit: Nope, EM games doesn't work as expected.
On my end when i set reinand up as my bin file EM games Work fine for me on it and I'm on a old 3ds.Twl loader seems to be fixed now aswell and I could boot into one of my injected vc games.Its just ntr that I can confirm not working.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On my end when i set reinand up as my bin file EM games Work fine for me on it and I'm on a old 3ds.Twl loader seems to be fixed now aswell and I could boot into one of my injected vc games.Its just ntr that I can confirm not working.
You won't happen to have any patches on your NAND? Because they shouldn't be working since those TWL isn't patched yet by ReiNAND.
As well you need working reboot patches for DS(i) and GBA

D

Deleted User

You won't happen to have any patches on your NAND? Because they shouldn't be working since those TWL isn't patched yet by ReiNAND.
As well you need working reboot patches for DS(i) and GBA
Right now im using the 11.3 fix.Mabe it booted into luma by accident.I renamed my luma bin to "Luma3Ds.bin" and I have reinand set to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" I also have the gba boot logo patch set on luma aswell and it worked even though i have reinand setup instead.

Edit-the reboot patch works with no issues too no matter what use except if I have ctrbootmanager in the arm9loaderhax.bin slot,that's what causes things not to work properly so I just chain load it instead.

Last edited by ,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Right now im using the 11.3 fix.Mabe it booted into luma by accident.I renamed my luma bin to "Luma3Ds.bin" and I have reinand set to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" I also have the gba boot logo patch set on luma aswell and it worked even though i have reinand setup instead.

Edit-the reboot patch works with no issues too no matter what use except if I have ctrbootmanager in the arm9loaderhax.bin slot.
I can't replicate this using the ReiNAND I downloaded. Try to apply the clean patches to ensure you don't have any patches on your NAND
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's probably because I have both bins on the root renamed different.Ill check
ReiNAND shouldn't be able to boot into custom DSi/GBA game CIAs as it doesn't patch those signatures (yet) and without EMM, they shouldn't boot at all.

D

Deleted User

ReiNAND shouldn't be able to boot into custom DSi/GBA game CIAs as it doesn't patch those signatures (yet) and without EMM, they shouldn't boot at all.
I think I found the problem.I took the "_si" off and it stopped working on both the twloader,EM game and the vc so I guess it went fully into the reinand payload.But for some reason when I rename it to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" instead of arm9loaderhax.bin it not only makes the reboot patch work but it uses my luma payload instead when I load into one of the 3 things that shouldnt work and makes everything work fine.

Last edited by ,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think I found the problem.I took the "_si" off and it stopped working on both the twloader,EM game and the vc so I guess it went fully into the reinand payload.But for some reason when I rename it to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" instead of arm9loaderhax.bin it not only makes the reboot patch work but it uses my luma payload instead when I load into one of the 3 things that shouldnt work and makes everything work fine.
What version of A9LH are you running, by chance?
Because ReiNAND doesn't patch like Luma3DS. ReiNAND actually doesn't make the patches part of the launcher. So you can literally name your launcher "farty.bin" and it will still function the same way as the "arm9loaderhax.bin" because the patches are separate. This is the same way Corbenik and CakesFW operates.
Luma3DS (and SaltFW by proxy) make the patches part of the launcher. Which is why the naming is so important with them. The payloads are set to a direct path. ReiNAND does not do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Robot made from spam!!!