Sorry if has been asked.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by movieguy12, Dec 4, 2011.

1. movieguy12
    OP

movieguy12 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2011
    United States
    indiana
    Is there any way by editing or hacking a diamond pearl or platinum Pokemon game that I can have all 649? Or at least my snivy? Obviously can't trade backwards or use a action replay but are there any hacks or edits or anything :) thanks!!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's possible... but it'd be a -ton- of work as people would have to add all the new pokemon and moves and abilities manually, and I don't think anybody's going to bother since if they want all the pokemon in a hack they can just hack a gen-5 game.

3. movieguy12
    OP

movieguy12 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2011
    United States
    indiana
    Yea I figured it would be a lot of work. Jw though, could you use Pokemon essentials information to add them? I'm not sure if you know what that is but basically it contains a (I think) a pmb file with every Pokemon name,base stats,moves able to learn, evolutions and everything else. There's also a folder with all the sprites of them forward and the backs . So could you use that to edit the past games?

Sorry I just don't know how to edit games yet. I have game maker and rpg maker. And I'm able to create a Pokemon advance game and add all 649 Pokemon in there. I didn't know if it could work the same for a ds rom.

I'm working backwards from gen 5 to gen 3. I really wanted to take my serperior with me like ash does with his Pikachu.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You'd need to edit the game's engine in order to account for the new effects and battle data and stuff anyways.

5. movieguy12
    OP

movieguy12 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2011
    United States
    indiana
    Ah what a drag :.( thanks anyways I appreciate it!!