Gaming Sooo... Savedata is transferrable.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a new 3DS and I used the SD card form my old one, and the Street Fighter IV 3D save still is there, working (all my points, titles, everything still there).

BUT my Miis, Streetpass Plaza, and all my other "Built in Nintendo" channels were not still there.

Apparently built in apps save to the system (which has 200 blocks of internal memory apparently) and other titles save the the SD card. Note I tried Nintendogs and the save was able to work on another 3DS too, and THAT was with a different cart. So Nintendo games are not copy protected (like Wii ones usually are) YET and saves are in fact only saved to the SD card.

I can't remember if anybody posted results of this yet, or if anybody ever confirmed these things, if these are not news by all means lock this thread.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaah. Right. Either way, then Street Fighter IV 3D should be locked since it has Wifi profile in the save.

OFFTOPIC: there IS something wrong with Darkcorp, only one thing -- it killed my Rock Band DLC fucking with IOSes. Otherwise I would use it again lol. USBloader serves me fine now thanks
tongue.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
I got a new 3DS and I used the SD card form my old one, and the Street Fighter IV 3D save still is there, working (all my points, titles, everything still there).

BUT my Miis, Streetpass Plaza, and all my other "Built in Nintendo" channels were not still there.

Apparently built in apps save to the system (which has 200 blocks of internal memory apparently) and other titles save the the SD card. Note I tried Nintendogs and the save was able to work on another 3DS too, and THAT was with a different cart. So Nintendo games are not copy protected (like Wii ones usually are) YET and saves are in fact only saved to the SD card.

I can't remember if anybody posted results of this yet, or if anybody ever confirmed these things, if these are not news by all means lock this thread.
Games on cartridges such as Street Fighter save data on their own cartridge. The only data they save on the SD card is the streetpass stuff so they can do their streetpass thing when the game isn't actually inserted.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
Then why did the Nintendogs save stay on the memory card? I tested it with another cart and the save was still there...
Ah, well that's interesting. There are other threads about saves and where they are stored, you should go and contribute your information to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.