Sooo... Savedata is transferrable.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Schlupi, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011
  1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I got a new 3DS and I used the SD card form my old one, and the Street Fighter IV 3D save still is there, working (all my points, titles, everything still there).

BUT my Miis, Streetpass Plaza, and all my other "Built in Nintendo" channels were not still there.

Apparently built in apps save to the system (which has 200 blocks of internal memory apparently) and other titles save the the SD card. Note I tried Nintendogs and the save was able to work on another 3DS too, and THAT was with a different cart. So Nintendo games are not copy protected (like Wii ones usually are) YET and saves are in fact only saved to the SD card.

I can't remember if anybody posted results of this yet, or if anybody ever confirmed these things, if these are not news by all means lock this thread.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The only Wii saves that are copy protected are ones from Nintendo WFC games.

3. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    Aaaaah. Right. Either way, then Street Fighter IV 3D should be locked since it has Wifi profile in the save.

OFFTOPIC: there IS something wrong with Darkcorp, only one thing -- it killed my Rock Band DLC fucking with IOSes. Otherwise I would use it again lol. USBloader serves me fine now thanks [​IMG].

4. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Games on cartridges such as Street Fighter save data on their own cartridge. The only data they save on the SD card is the streetpass stuff so they can do their streetpass thing when the game isn't actually inserted.

5. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    Then why did the Nintendogs save stay on the memory card? I tested it with another cart and the save was still there...

6. Justin121994

Member Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

United States
    o.o You sure. i thought it was only stuck on it's gamecard.

7. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    Yeah. I would post a video but I don't have the second 3DS anymore (was doing a return when I noticed all this) and I they let me dick around testing and stuff.

8. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Ah, well that's interesting. There are other threads about saves and where they are stored, you should go and contribute your information to them.