Sony: Sorcery Shows Why Move Is Superior to Kinect and Wii

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it a motion game that try to sucker people in by saying is hardcore for real gamers ect so deal with it

Difference is that there are motion games advertised as "hardcore" that are "hardcore".

Red Steel 2 was a good example, as was MadWorld, HotD: Overkill, the list goes on. But when a game on a Sony platform does it, BOOO WHAT PRICKS WE HATE MOTION CONTROLS.

The way Sony did it is by copying Nintendo's idea i.e a remote + Nunchuck. I'm not a fanboy of any company, I just follow the games, but Sony is ridiculously copied Nintendo.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fact that sony gave up on dual-shock at the ps3's launch claiming it was last gen when in reality it was due to patent infringement showcases sony's complete lack of effort when it comes to innovation. they only launched the dual-shock 3 after the other company's patent expired--3 years later? that is just pathetic.
are you just pulling this stuff out of your ass?

sony claimed the vibration interfered with the sixaxis motion sensors (most people accepted it was a plausible excuse at the time, though the lawsuit was already made public and they knew that was the real reason)
both of them ended up settling out of court + fines (they probably should have just paid the fine like ms did instead of fighting it)
the dualshock 3 launched about 14 months after the ps3 launch

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC, and today we're doing a special story - about video game companies that use the word "Hardcore"... to... TRY to ... entice a demographic to play motion controlled games where you play as wizards. If you have anything to say, say it now. Otherwise, you're free to go.

D

Deleted User

the fact that sony gave up on dual-shock at the ps3's launch claiming it was last gen when in reality it was due to patent infringement showcases sony's complete lack of effort when it comes to innovation. they only launched the dual-shock 3 after the other company's patent expired--3 years later? that is just pathetic.
are you just pulling this stuff out of your ass?

sony claimed the vibration interfered with the sixaxis motion sensors (most people accepted it was a plausible excuse at the time, though the lawsuit was already made public and they knew that was the real reason)
both of them ended up settling out of court + fines (they probably should have just paid the fine like ms did instead of fighting it)
the dualshock 3 launched about 14 months later
Unrelated:
-Mojowijo Wii :creep:

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It amazes me that they never, ever thought about giving a little credit to Ninty. I mean come on , Move IS Sony's Wiimote, but their official story is that they began working on it long before Nintedo blah blah blah...
Before, motion control was gimmik, now " it lets us create that very technical focused, skill-based motion control game "
Is that kind of attitude that drives me away from the company ( that and the ever on-going mem card scams that they've been practicing since the original PSX days).
They could have said " Hey , we think that the Wii remote is great, offers a lot of potential and we decided to build on that and come up with our improved version....". A little credit to Nintendo you know, instead of SONY > everything else.....
If they did that, it would be like Sony proclaiming that you should buy their product because they shamelessly copied their competitor.

dorayaki95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's funny to see how sony used to bash motion controls , saying motion controls are only for casual.

Now they are making this "sorcery" for hardcore gamers.

As a picasso saying goes, good artists copy, great artists steal. And sony is shameless to steal the great idea of motion controls. ( pun and sarcasm intended but no offence intended )

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It's funny to see how sony used to bash motion controls , saying motion controls are only for casual.

Now they are making this "sorcery" for hardcore gamers.

As a picasso saying goes, good artists copy, great artists steal. And sony is shameless to steal the great idea of motion controls. ( pun and sarcasm intended but no offence intended )

Sorry, but Motion Control gaming isn't anything new, even before the Wii. Let's not get into who ripped off whom, okay? Motion control is an idea. You can't patent ideas. The Electronics industry is all about copycatting anyway, so before this whole "war" got started, it wasn't about who can do it first, it's about who can do it better.

Not to mention the PS move is nothing like the Wii Remote besides the shape and the fact that they are motion controllers. They work in two totally different ways.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Video games need to go back to normal controllers. Motion controls are not the future of gaming, it will just ruin it. When I play a game, I want to hold a controller, not do some stupid motions around the room. If I wanted to do that, I'd go outside and do whatever they do in that video game.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Video games need to go back to normal controllers. Motion controls are not the future of gaming, it will just ruin it. When I play a game, I want to hold a controller, not do some stupid motions around the room. If I wanted to do that, I'd go outside and do whatever they do in that video game.

I agree. I thought the Kinect was going to be Hot Shit, but it has less games than the goddamn Virtual Boy, and even less GOOD ones. The Wii Remote is very inaccurate, and I havn't messed with the Move enough to weigh in on it, but I'm sure it has it's list of problems, too.

I do however like the Motion Control that the 3DS uses. It seems much more accurate than any of the 3.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I agree. I thought the Kinect was going to be Hot Shit, but it has less games than the goddamn Virtual Boy, and even less GOOD ones. The Wii Remote is very inaccurate, and I havn't messed with the Move enough to weigh in on it, but I'm sure it has it's list of problems, too.

I do however like the Motion Control that the 3DS uses. It seems much more accurate than any of the 3.

You mean gyro controls? I turn those off whenever I can, especially in Zelda Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 3D. I am already used to normal controls for those 2, no need to add gyro. If Zelda gyro was on, it also messed up the classical aiming in first person view if you couldn't hold the 3DS still.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

You mean gyro controls? I turn those off whenever I can, especially in Zelda Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 3D. I am already used to normal controls for those 2, no need to add gyro. If Zelda gyro was on, it also messed up the classical aiming in first person view if you couldn't hold the 3DS still.

I personally like the Gyro controls in LoZ. I can aim a hellof a lot faster with it than with the control stick. But that's just one gamer's opinion.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I personally like the Gyro controls in LoZ. I can aim a hellof a lot faster with it than with the control stick. But that's just one gamer's opinion.
Lol, I agree with that, I actually prefer the gyro controls, it makes aiming much easier, although it made me look really sad in the middle of the train...

Reactions: 1 person

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont get so full of yourself yet sony, sure i want to buy this ONE move game, but that doesnt make it better than kinect, kinect has AT LEAST 3 good games on it, with Kinect Star Wars and more on the way; all you have so far is Sorcery as the ONE move game i actually want to buy. and dont even THINK you have shit on the wii. not until you can prove that you can keep shovelware away from move, and actually get more good games for it released that dont mostly end up being first party

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol... am i the only one who bought kinect for one game...... HELL YEAH FRUIT NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :ninja: THATS SOME HARDCORE SHIT B*ATCH !!!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

( forget to mention its even a ARCADE Kinect game.. i have all the 3 of them but F*CK WII with the most ridicilous joypad and F*ck ps3 cuz .... of there shitty ps move hehe
HAIL FRUIT NINJA WITH KINECT !!!

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
HELL YEAH FRUIT NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
do you also play angry birds? you seem like you play angry birds

yeah played it for a week or 2 but it sucks.. and gets bored after a while. fruit ninjaaaa is way much different and its action and speed and combos and luck at the same time. thats why its fun and hardcore to get a freakin good highscore :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L