Sony: Sorcery Shows Why Move Is Superior to Kinect and Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Dec 16, 2011.

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

PlayStation Move and Kinect are quite different motion control platforms, and Sony wants to drive home that point with its upcoming magic-casting game Sorcery, slated for release next spring. For Sony, Sorcery is everything that Kinect is not. It requires holding a controller, it's precise, and the gameplay should appeal to the hardcore PS3 owners. IndustryGamers spoke with SCEA Santa Monica's creative director on the game, Brian Upton, at a recent PlayStation event.

"What we're trying to do with this... it's more hardcore than most motion games are. Most motion games are intended to be very, very casual. They have an almost Simon Says quality to them. We wanted something that would appeal to a more hardcore audience and would have depth and complexity. So we wanted to make it more interesting for the hardcore but still make it easy enough that the average Move owner – who may have bought it as a casual gaming system – can still play the game," Upton explained.

The controls go a long way in making it a standout title for Move and differentiating from Kinect, he said.

"One of the things we wanted to do because there's a lot of precision in the Move is create a game that showed off exactly how much gameplay you could get out of really tight motion control; the fact that aiming really makes a difference in the game - and the different control nuances – if you're a good player this translates into real gameplay improvements. That's attention to detail that more serious gamers are interested in. It's not, 'Oh I can just button mash my way through.' By actually mastering the system, I can feel like I'm a more powerful gamer. The fact that Move is so precise, it lets us create that very technical focused, skill-based motion control game,” he continued.

Read More

.... Welp.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Move=Wiimote

same crap, different name.

Both are functional dildos.

NOTHING CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE

4 people like this.
  3. Erdnaxela

Member Erdnaxela GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yeah sony is better at everything, that one and only one game prove it, lol.

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Motion controls are for women and children tbf.

1 person likes this.
  5. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    And real men.

4 people like this.
  6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    I got a tweet saying because of this it will appeal to "hardcorez gamerz" ^_^

7. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    The only group of SCE I like is SCEJ.

inb4flame

8. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Real men don't like waggling the wiimote like their giving a handjob. Because real men don't give handjobs, they receive handjobs.

Are SCEJ motivated by hugs and kisses?

9. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Fuck....

So I can be a boy wizard....

AN INCREDIBLY PRECISE BOY WIZARD, WAVING MY WAND AROUND WITH AMAZING PRECISION!

The PS Move is hardcore!

;O;

2 people like this.
  10. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Looks good.

11. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    It amazes me that they never, ever thought about giving a little credit to Ninty. I mean come on , Move IS Sony's Wiimote, but their official story is that they began working on it long before Nintedo blah blah blah...
    Before, motion control was gimmik, now " it lets us create that very technical focused, skill-based motion control game "
    Is that kind of attitude that drives me away from the company ( that and the ever on-going mem card scams that they've been practicing since the original PSX days).
    They could have said " Hey , we think that the Wii remote is great, offers a lot of potential and we decided to build on that and come up with our improved version....". A little credit to Nintendo you know, instead of SONY > everything else.....

2 people like this.
  12. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    That would defeat the purpose.

1 person likes this.
  13. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I just wanna put the emphasis on how many times they had to repeat the word "hardcore" hoping to sell this game.

10 people like this.
  14. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I dont know anyone personally that owns a PS3 and plays it, let alone owns a PS Move. Which kinda sucks cause i wanna play some of the Move titles. All of my friends are too busy paying for live and wanking it to BF3.

1 person likes this.
  15. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Just because Sony says that Move is superior to Kinect & Wii and they'll prove it with some magic casting game over which HP fans will drool, then it really must be....right?

16. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Yup, it pathetic, lol!

I also own both Kinect and Move, and I must say they are the worst investement I ever made.

Reason : the games suck!
    .Motion control for home consoles started with Wii, and it's there you will find the best motion control games you will ever play regardless of graphic power.
    There a huge list of TOP games for Wii and not only for their motion controls.
    It's truly legendary in console history.

17. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think we should stop using the word "hardcore", and use the phrase "bad to the bone" instead. Makes it more entertaining.

2 people like this.
  18. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Being a hardcore gamer, this really appeals to my hardcore senses. I mean, precision? Hardcore. So hardcore. It's pretty sexy, but in such a manner, that it's hardcore. Of course, this post isn't nearly as hardcore as Sorcery is. That has a new level of hardcore. This can't meet that substantial amount of hardcore. Oh, but it can try. Because I'm hardcore. That means my post is hardcore. That means Sorcery will be the game for my hardcore self.

2 people like this.
  19. godreborn

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ironically, sony is like a bad magician who thinks u can't tell what's really going on with their poorly-executed tricks. sony's serious lack of innovation is one of the reasons I've lost total respect for the company. that was, after all, what made them popular to begin with. I guess when u have no talent hacks u have to go the power route just to keep up...

20. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    it's more hardcore than most motion games are
    XD

this reminds e of this picture
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7 people like this.