Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-27-11-ngp600-1296192461.jpg
We had quite the interview with Sony's Jack Tretton, but we certainly didn't corner the market on hot new NGP details -- Eurogamer and Game Informer quizzed the company's Andrew House and Shuhei Yoshida, respectively, and came out with some important tidbits about the quad-core gaming handheld, particularly regarding pricing. Though Tretton seemed to suggest we'll see a price somewhere northward of the Nintendo 3DS's $250, Yoshida was quoted as saying "It's not going to be $599," laughing off the idea that the system would cost as much as the PlayStation 3's infamous appraisal at launch, and House said that Sony "will shoot for an affordable price that's appropriate for the handheld gaming space."

While none were willing to cough up a real ballpark estimate, the SCEE president revealed one way that the cost might come down: pushing out a lesser model, a strategy we've seen before. House said that while all devices come with WiFi, "a separate SKU will have 3G," making us wonder which of the handheld's other groundbreaking features might carry a premium. After all, OLED screens don't come cheap.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Engadget)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it all pans down to if it's region free or not

Region Free: Get a NA NGP w/ 3G (Most expensive option)

Region Locked: Wi-Fi only JP NGP (cheaper option)

As for the other features unless it's Skype, 3G, or something in that realm, most likely they won't carry a subscription fee.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
SPH73 said:
$349 (US)

Hour and a half battery life.

Reports say it has same battery life as the PSP (which is 4-5 hours for gaming).

Wrong.

"Reports" aka Sony reps have claimed they were "shooting for PSP 3000 battery life."

Well according to Sony's own John Koller PSP 3000 battery life is "20 to 30 minutes less" than earlier PSP models.

According to IGN's own PSP battery tests, the average PSP battery life when using a UMD was 3.3 hours. So if PSP 3000 is 20 to 30 minutes less than the earlier models, its safe to assume PSP2's battery life will be 3 hours or less. And those are the only known facts. I can provide links to back all my claims. Can you?

Didn't think so
yaypsp.gif

$349

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Wrong.

"Reports" aka Sony reps have claimed they were "shooting for PSP 3000 battery life."

Well according to Sony's own John Koller PSP 3000 battery life is "20 to 30 minutes less" than earlier PSP models.

According to IGN's own PSP battery tests, the average PSP battery life when using a UMD was 3.3 hours. So if PSP 3000 is 20 to 30 minutes less than the earlier models, its safe to assume PSP2's battery life will be 3 hours or less. And those are the only known facts. I can provide links to back all my claims. Can you?

Didn't think so
yaypsp.gif

$349

The UMD drive drains batteries more quickly when used and maybe the new media format will use less power then the internal memory on the PSP go and the MSD making it about 4.5 hours but honestly it won't make much of a difference discussing it until it is released. Also I think the price is going to be $400 or up since I have no faith in Sony.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SPH73 said:
Wrong.

Didn't think so
yaypsp.gif

$349

Firstly, IGN.
Secondly, UMD is optical media, which uses more power.
Thirdly, how did you come up with halving the 3 hours rather than taking a little bit off?

And way not to even give him a chance.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stronger handheld devices get, the shorter the battery life is. My brothers EVO 4G kills battery like a bitch. So from the price and the battery life I can tell they're not aiming for a hardcore gaming audience, but rather a casual gamer with deep pockets. Oh yeah, I love where this is heading -_-

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all this hassle and we literally dnt know much at all

to be quite honest, im more worried about this "new os" - wanna see what they've actually come up with.

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Isn't 3G a software thing? TBH idk that much about 3G.

No. 3G requires the proper hardware to utilize. It can not be added to a device via software. I'm assuming that's what you're asking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme