epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
As for the price of NGP, he's hyping people up to drop the bomb at E3. Its the PSX launch all over again. Know your history...
Hope not... it'd be cool to own an NGP AND 3DS this time round. At some points during its lifespan, I was really tempted to buy a used PSP for some of the games.

QUOTEAnd coming in 2013 = Nintendo 3DS Slim!
If anything it'll be XL. Ninty said they crammed the internals from the start this time round. Just saiyan.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna stick with my 3DS at the moment. I'll get a NGP when people start selling second hand and when its hacked. WutnaoSony

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, that kind of thinking seems to contradict what happened to Sony and the PS3 at launch time. It took what, 2 years before the PS3 started selling decently because the price was so stupidly high and no one was going to shell out 700 dollars for a gaming console even if it does last 10 years. Even now the PSP and PS3 are both more expensive then their direct competition (DSi and Xbox 360), though the non-Go PSP units are about the same price as the DSi XL. But price does matter, and it's something they need to understand. The PSP had a pretty poor life span in terms of overall sales figures, low game sales numbers, insufficient development interest by both 1st and 3rd party developers and the number of games that came out for it is a testament to how much of a failure it was in comparison to the DS line. I mean, 60 million or whatever is a blip on the map compared to the 140+ million units of the DS in all it's iterations combined sold, Nintendo still sold 2.5x as many units over 5 years and they didn't have all these really high graphics quality games either, they had games people wanted to play.

Sony like to screw themselves, and will once again shoot themselves in the foot with the NGP if the price is once again almost double the 3DS price. And the cost of the system itself will reflect the game development interest, as has been proven time and time again, it's not the power of a system that makes it great, it's the games, and people will have no interest in spending millions of dollars to develop games for a system that isn't selling well right at launch due to it's high price tag.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SPH73 said:
And coming in 2012 the PSP2 Slim. Now 20% slimmer and lighter with slightly less battery life. But don't worry, we'll sell you a +50 Stamina Battery...
Fixed
biggrin.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DSGamer64 said:
SPH73 said:
And coming in 2012 the PSP2 Slim. Now 20% slimmer and lighter with slightly less battery life. But don't worry, we'll sell you a +50 Stamina Battery...
Fixed
biggrin.gif
Why are you talking about battery when 3DS is pretty much the same shit as PSP now?

BTW: nothing he said was wrong, it's the case with the 3DS and the iDevices. The title is sensacionalist as fuck.

People didn't even read what he said, only the title and made a comment. Typical.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Juanmatron said:
Translation: It will be expensive. Sony thinks that technology sells systems. Who cares? People want games, not technology gimmicks.
Good luck ever getting that across to them. Obviously we need GPS AR, a back-side touchpad, etc.

We don't need them on a videoconsole.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Games matter more than price in terms of success of a gaming console.

So if they only have ports of old games again it won't be a big success - just like the old PSP.

The PSP has only about 3 games I really would want to buy - and this is at the end of its life span. That doesn't justify buying the hardware for me even if it was cheap.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to spin things I read the cinema ticket bit as by the time you parked you car (and paid for that), got a ticket (maybe two), some stale popcorn/overpriced grab back of sweets and an overpriced drink you are probably looking at around the price of a game. Such things are the main reason I tend to avoid cinemas these days (that and the cinema to DVD lag is thankfully getting shorter and shorter) at least as far as standard Hollywood dross is concerned.

He mentioned cell/mobile phones- you mean the things that most people get tied into a hideously complex multiple year (seriously when did 12 month contracts stop being the norm or even available) contract or occasionally have a carrier subsidise to stand a chance of affording to say nothing of more than a few people considering such things an indispensable item? Failing that go find the BOM or "natural market price" listings for phones.

Re ipods- insert [apple as fashion company that happens to dabble in tech] statement.

Such things tend not to bother me anyway- most consoles generate a couple of games worth playing (especially when backed by a big company like this) and a couple of years down the line usually all sit equal in my chosen second hand electronics shop (usually with a bunch of games in the deal) for about the price of an evening out or even cheaper if it did actually tank. This probably will depend if Sony are off my "only buy if truly necessary" list though.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy is on a roll lately with the most absurd comments (This, DS in public, Motion Controls being a joke but yet the Move somehow being cool...) The logic at Sony is truly baffling.

There is no way in hell the NGP is going to be $250 at launch. I would expect $400, and this is just a way of softening the blow. Even at $400, Sony is probably losing money, but at $250, there plain bleeding money.

And hey, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If by some miracle the NGP launches at an MSRP of $250 or less I'll make Guild's day by publicly saying all over gbatemp how the NGP is the best portable system ever made, and that I should have never gotten that pos 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s