Sony: Microsoft Will “Have To” Embrace 3D Gaming

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Joe88 said:
Bladexdsl said:
George Dawes said:
Plenty of people in the UK seem to be interested in 3DTV,
they'd be the only ones than here no one seems to give a rats ass about it here or in the usa
tongue.gif
how would you know market trends in the US?
i know EVERYTHING
smileipb2.png

Your spelling is horrendous (from your first post...not the first from the quote....grah nevermind - too long to explain).

But I could see this taking off in the same way HDTVs did. I still say that I don't need (or want....or can afford...) an HDTV. People go and see Avatar, assume it will be the same experience in your living room constantly, and dump money into it. The average age 0-35 American...not so smart with money.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Bladexdsl said:
they'd be the only ones than here no one seems to give a rats ass about it here or in the usa :P
I love the aussies, but they are an insignificance in the entertainment market - they still think sheep are the greatest invention ever!

Go read a few AV/home cinema forums, lots of people in the USA give a "rats ass" about it. No idea how much of the general population are into 3D, but I'll assume it's around the same as the UK.

D

Deleted_171835

3D Gaming will not become mainstream until 3D glasses-free televisions become cheap. $20,000 is not cheap. I would not want to wear 3D glasses while gaming.

---
Overlord Nadrian said:
Meh. Until they perfect the 3D technology I won't buy a 3D TV. Hell, I haven't even got a HD or LED TV yet.
Really....
No HDTV?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
3D Gaming will not become mainstream until 3D glasses-free televisions become cheap. $20,000 is not cheap. I would not want to wear 3D glasses while gaming.
Pretty much this. I'm interested in 3D tvs, but I'm not going to buy one until glasses are gotten rid off, and the price is reasonable.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Nope. I don't see the need. HD still isn't perfected either, it looks ridiculously bad when seen from a close distance.
Then don't sit so close to the TV.

Only SD looks bad on a HDTV upclose. But that's not because it a HDTV, that's down to the SIZE of the TV. The Larger the TV = The larger your viewing distance should be, that goes for both SD/ED TV's and HDTV TV's. HD on a HDTV looks lovely up close.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too sure about 3D gaming. I went to my brothers house who had just purchased that new 3D tv that converts regular TV into 3D....which it does VERY well. We saw a 3D movie, looked awesome, saw a regular dvd that the TV converted into 3D, again, it looked awesome. So of course, being a gamer I said let's play some games. We put in Batman for PS3, looked really good, but our eyes started to hurt. We then put on Modern Warfare 2....omg I had a blistering headache for hours!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take it on 3DS because I don't have to buy anything else, I was going to get Nintendo's next handheld 3D or not and they seem to be able to make the most out of gimmicky stuff like this.

To buy a expensive TV just to see something that I am already bored of doesn't sound good to me.

Forcing Microsoft to do something they don't want to do isn't going to turn out well, just like Nintendo with online.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Ray Maguire has told us that 3D gaming is a natural evolution for the medium and one which the company’s rivals would be unwise to ignore.

Is it just me, or was this an attempt to stab the competition with something only their system can handle?

IMO, it may be an evolutionary step forward, but current technology makes it quite hard to embrace.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
Is it just me, or was this an attempt to stab the competition with something only their system can handle?

IMO, it may be an evolutionary step forward, but current technology makes it quite hard to embrace.
Handle?

Sony have already said their console will need to need to halve the frame rate or halve the resolution.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38701/Resolution-drops-for-PS3-3D

Any console can do that, but the price to pay is too steep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay