Sony has no plans of 3D for PSP

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
One of the biggest bombs in E3 2010 was the announcement of the 3DS, which has been making waves positively for Nintendo over the last couple of days. Sony, on the other hand, despite selling 3D TVs, 3D games, and upgrading their console for 3D capability, is not going to walk into handheld 3D territory just yet.

"No, no plans for that," said Scott Rohde, Sony Worldwide Studios VP, in an interview with IndustryGamers. "It’s just not something we’re announcing right now. It’s just as simple as that. It’s all I can tell you," he added when asked about the long-rumored PSP2. Kaz Hirai already gave his take on portable 3D, and without specifically mentioning the 3DS, the SCE chief was clearly unimpressed with the technology.

According to former Sony Europe boss David Reeves, however, Sony needs to release a new PSP and they'd better do it soon

Source
pfft. Obviously, as you haven't seen the 3ds's success in the market yet. You just wait...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say that, but they really do
tongue.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
although i do like the ps3, i do hate sony. similar to how i hate apple (although i also dont like many of their products). theyre always trying to mindfuck people into thinking they the best in the industry.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right now:
We have no plans for a 3D PSP.

Next year:
3D PSP due to come out late this year.

There just waiting to see the impact of the 3DS on the market and from that they'll deduce whether to make a 3D hand held or not.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ProtoKun7 said:
The thought: "Nintendo are thrashing us.
ohnoes.png
"
sony thought they had nintendo cornered after their success with the ps1-2 but they underestimated them cos you see ninty is a real games only company how can you compete against a games company when you mainly just make TV's?
smileipb2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Forget 3D, what the PSP really needs is a touch screen.

Agreed, I'd rather have that than 3D.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Jun 25 2010, 10:03 AM) sony thought they had nintendo cornered after their success with the ps1-2 but they underestimated them cos you see ninty is a real games only company how can you compete against a games company when you mainly just make TV's?
smileipb2.png

Sony could compete with Ninty, and they were beating the shit out of them hand over fist until the Wii came out. The Gamecube sold roughly 22 million units. The PS2? Roughly 144 million units. Even the N64 only sold about 33 million units compared to the Playstation's 102 million. And the gaming sector still makes up a significant part of Sony nowadays.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nutella5600 said:
although i do like the ps3, i do hate sony. similar to how i hate apple (although i also dont like many of their products). theyre always trying to mindfuck people into thinking they the best in the industry.

But Apple is the best in their industry, look at the iPhone for an example.

Sony, however, is not. The PSP has been consistently owned by the DS, should it be in sales, game library, user experience, you name it. The only thing the PSP is better at is multimedia playing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella5600 said:

Um, do you know how marketing works? You're trying to convince users that they're the best in the industry. Every company does it. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Frito Lay, whatever. Saying "yeah, we're pretty good I guess although the other guys are pretty good too" won't do shit for your company. Saying "HEY LOOK AT THIS COOL NEW GAME TRY DOING THAT ON A PS360!" will. In the end 99% of corporations or companies are complete douchebags looking to swindle you out of your nickels and dimes. What really matters is what they provide you in return.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HBK said:
Sony, however, is not. The PSP has been consistently owned by the DS, should it be in sales, game library, user experience, you name it. The only thing the PSP is better at is multimedia playing.

yeah, ds is beating psp in everything except a decent selection of serious and mature rated games.

as for the whole 3d thing, whereas touch screen was a great addition to handheld gaming, 3d not so much.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sony should just give up already.
5+ of my friends have a DS and only 1 has a PSP.
PSP is dreaming if it's successor beats the 3DS.
I am 90% sure that the next PSP will be slided, like a slide phone...
But if nintendo actually puts hard work into the next home console then sony is screwed...
Go Nintendo!
Sony, Boo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up