• Views 5,737
  • Replies 52
  • Likes 4

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only reason why I'm upset about this is because I bought the 160GB model in June this year.

But I'm not pissed because it was my decision, and it's still quite a bit of space. But with the inclusion of Instant Game Collection, I need space, is there a way I can get more space for my model, or am I able to hook up an external HDD or something?

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm okay with those prices. If I didn't already have a ps3, I would seriously considering buying one at that price.
What i hate is paying for DLC. Just include it with the game. The freakin game costs 60 bucks anyways. Just include it cuz i'm not buying it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason why I'm upset about this is because I bought the 160GB model in June this year.

But I'm not pissed because it was my decision, and it's still quite a bit of space. But with the inclusion of Instant Game Collection, I need space, is there a way I can get more space for my model, or am I able to hook up an external HDD or something?

Should be able to swap out the smaller HDD for a bigger one. Don't think Sony allows external HDDs though, I could be wrong.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long as you buy a 2.5 hdd or even ssd you can make a change. All you have to do is back up you current ps3 state onto a usb hdd using xmbc, open a smallslot on the back of the ps3, unscrew a screw, take out the hdd, shove in the new one, secure it back in, start up the ps3, allow it to format your new hdd and then use xmbc to restore your backup from from the usb hdd, easy stuff really, seen people managing to fit 1tb drives in their ps3's.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People assume that whenever a new revision hits the market, the old one gets a price drop, Bortz. Thing is, the old revision comes bundled with games or accessories to make up for the difference (in most cases), plus, the Super Slim revision is a budget model, made to be a cheap alternative. It's not "improving" anything except for the size of the built-in Flash storage which becomes inaccessible when an HDD is connected, the old model is perfectly fine and isn't being deprecated by the new one.

A price drop is always welcome, but PS3's recently got one already. They can't exactly sell them with a huge loss - the Super Slim was specifically designed to prevent that.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the "old style" one mentioned had ps2 capability, that would be great. Other than that, why would anyone want that? Even taking into account the memory it comes with, I don't see it doing well.
Sony is just making poor choices all the way around with the gaming market.
I hope little big planet vita will be enough to sell some vitas for them. I actually feel bad for Sony; after the giant that was the ps2, it seems they took a nosedive. Hopefully the amount of storage space on some of the ps3s on this list will entice some people that are on the fence to buy one.

Mr Slug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah to expensive still and no PS2 backwards compat so NO BUY from me ONLY reason i dont buy PS3 is no PS2 backwards compat which i like to have so i can pack my PS2 away and shove a PS3 in its place, but Sony dont want to do that :( so they loose a buy from me.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
If the "old style" one mentioned had ps2 capability, that would be great. Other than that, why would anyone want that? Even taking into account the memory it comes with, I don't see it doing well.
Sony is just making poor choices all the way around with the gaming market.
I hope little big planet vita will be enough to sell some vitas for them. I actually feel bad for Sony; after the giant that was the ps2, it seems they took a nosedive. Hopefully the amount of storage space on some of the ps3s on this list will entice some people that are on the fence to buy one.
I actually was planning for a while now to get a PS3 but I guess I never really thought much about it cause I asked in the PS3 thread and its not fully hacked so that is what i'm on the fence about, price wise it seems alright actually I mean its not that bad really.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or it could just be because it doesn't need a price drop? $250 is fine for the memory and such you're getting, bundles are even a better deal.

It really isn't. Both consoles are overpriced considering the storage space they are offering. The 4GB 360 model is still 199, but you can't justify a 200 dollar price difference because you happen to get a larger hard drive and a Kinect. Both consoles should have seen price drops a year ago considering how dated their hardware is. You can build a budget gaming computer for the cost of some of the bundles they have.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or it could just be because it doesn't need a price drop? $250 is fine for the memory and such you're getting, bundles are even a better deal.

It really isn't. Both consoles are overpriced considering the storage space they are offering. The 4GB 360 model is still 199, but you can't justify a 200 dollar price difference because you happen to get a larger hard drive and a Kinect. Both consoles should have seen price drops a year ago considering how dated their hardware is. You can build a budget gaming computer for the cost of some of the bundles they have.

So... 160GB for $250 is overpriced compared to 4GB for $200?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY