Sony E3 2014 Conference - Now Finished

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAHHHhahaha!! Fukkin hell fire I've heard it all! :lol: Absolute bollocks - if you don't mind having the wool pulled over your eyes then you carry on believing stuff like that, tooth fairy, etc.... But they're all in it to make money, that includes Nintendo.... Gathering a loyal fanbase is of course a great business model but don't think for one second they're doing it for anything else other than $$$.

I've not watched, & probably won't bother watching the Sony show, so just picked out the news on the games - couple of interesting titles there, but the general consensus was not as good as MS's show. ...Which isn't a problem really, Sony are winning the sales war, so all they needed to do was show up, and whap a couple of new games up. Grim Fandango reboot has me interested, Bloodborne also good (PS4 exclusive too - nice!).

Nintendo next then! And if you're reading this Iwata (I suspect this is unlikely :lol: ) - Zelda Wii U or GTFO....

Of course Sony's in for the money as well. However, unlike Moneysoft, they actually care about the customer as well. Please. Grow up before laughing at someone like an immature brat.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm interested to see what's to come. I don't think I'll be picking up an XBOne or a PS4 anytime soon, but I was a tad bit disappointed that there wasn't too much coming for the VITA, as I am planning on picking one of those up if I see any good deals for one on craigslist. I've also been playing the Battlefield Hardline beta and so far I've been enjoying it, but there isn't really that much for me to say about it other than it feels just like any old Battlefield game and that there's grappling hooks, I guess.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Gutted at the lack of anything really new and great for Vita, kind of expected it to be ignored though. Hopefully if enough people take up Vita TV we'll get some new AAA IP.
Bloodborne we already knew about, didn't show enough to learn much new info, was terribly dark footage too, still I am excited!
Grim Fandango I'll buy just because it's Grim Fandango and I just preordered The Last of Us Remastered, never got round to playing it on PS3 so can't wait to see what all the fuss is about next month!
No Last Guardian is a real shame, they only had to show like 30 seconds of the game to gain so much love from Sony fans.
Overall I'd say the MS and Sony conferences were pretty even. No megatons from either party, Phantom Dust could have been one but MS suck at keeping secrets so everyone already knew about it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As expected, E3 has been extremely underwhelming thus far. I have half a mind to pass on Nintendo's conference tomorrow as to not waste my time any further.

I think I will take underwhelming over cringeworthy. As for Nintendo if they can not be bothered to show show and are just doing a direct "digital event" then I can not be bothered to show up to watch that. Granted I have called E3 a show on the way out in the past, something I stand by, and would probably agree it is an expensive waste of time for most companies but hey.

There might be something of worth shown at Nintendo's event but going on past experience I will take the 5 minute summary video which will be out but Thursday at the latest.

On a different note for anybody that saw the presentation taking bets on how fired their audio and presentation people are, granted MS managed to hose up the interlacing on their broadcast but you could at least hear and see the right things.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just watched it (this youtube video plays the pre-show and the press conference back to back). It was fairly decent. Thus far nothing that really makes me go out and buy a PS4, but if I end up buying one, I'll have some fun ones to play. :)

I think someone behind the scenes was trolling with the letters at one point, though. That, or the presentation wasn't set up so well.
Reader: I want to have those new and interesting experiences that only the PS4 can bring.
Blond guy: sure. Here...have this sequel to a windows indie game that's basically diablo. :)

To their credit, that magicka trailer was more fun than some cutscène fests (metal gear solid included) and I've heard that paradox interactive doesn't just knock off other games's content. But still...not the best introduction. :unsure:

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone caught it but when Ratchet and Clank was announced as a movie he also announced that they'll also be releasing the original Ratchet and Clank on modern consoles with new visuals and everything.

It wasn't mentioned in the article. I know someone brought it up on the first page but I just figured someone would want to add that.

EDIT Joystiq link: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/ratchet-and-clank-redux-coming-to-ps4/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched it (this youtube video plays the pre-show and the press conference back to back). It was fairly decent. Thus far nothing that really makes me go out and buy a PS4, but if I end up buying one, I'll have some fun ones to play. :)

I think someone behind the scenes was trolling with the letters at one point, though. That, or the presentation wasn't set up so well.
Reader: I want to have those new and interesting experiences that only the PS4 can bring.
Blond guy: sure. Here...have this sequel to a windows indie game that's basically diablo. :)

To their credit, that magicka trailer was more fun than some cutscène fests (metal gear solid included) and I've heard that paradox interactive doesn't just knock off other games's content. But still...not the best introduction. :unsure:

Magicka is not like Diablo. It's actually quite a unique game, some of the stuff you can do in that game is crazy. When they dropped "Paradox Interactive" I seriously thought it was either Mount and Blade or Crusader Kings.

Anyway between Mortal Kombat X, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Metal Gear Solid V, I need to invest in a PS4 eventually. However I won't buy on "the promise of games" so I'll wait until they drop. Unfortunately I think they're all 2015.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, some of you guys are hard to please. For the record, I'm pretty sure I heard applause at Sony conference.

Well, yeah, this conference was in America. We clap for everything.

yep it's in the bag for nintendo pwning e3 :P

The fact that you call it that tells me you're not ready.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of promise what did people think of No Man's Sky (the procedurally generated space sim)?

If it works it could be amazing, however bigger and presumably better funded companies have tried it in the past and came up a bit short. Likewise I am something of a fan of procedural generation and space sims so the last few years have seen me learn to temper my expectations on the matter.

Anyway after the talk of exclusive demos I kind of switched off at the mention of the word exclusive, thinking back on it now there might almost be some exclusives really worth noting this time around. A pity as I do not think the concept is at all necessary but that matters little when the are going to be games to be played. I wonder how many will do the "console exclusive" thing this time around.

Man, some of you guys are hard to please. For the record, I'm pretty sure I heard applause at Sony conference.
To go with Gahars above there was also applause in the MS conference when they mentioned the Halo remakes/ports would come with 4000 gamerscore, I called for sterilisation of those that did but in general I think it means we can write off applause as meaning anything.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow Sony, woooow. I had fun with my VITA... had. We need some games. I don`t know why they abandon the system so fast! TalesoHR looks cool but that`s about it. I have no idea why they do this.Where is Gravity Rush 2, that was announced last year???

I want to get either a PS4 or a XBone but at this point aside of Uncharted 4 (which will be awesome I think) I´m more interested in the games that got announced on XBone (I don`t really care for the whole 720p vs. 1080p discussion, since for me the games on PS4/XBone don`t look all that different to the last generation).

I hoped Sony would give me a better reason to get a PS4 sind I already have a VITA but honestly they failed...

Also the Conference was very boring at time. Cut 20 minutes and make it a bit tighter and more interesting!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Sony, woooow. I had fun with my VITA... had. We need some games. I don`t know why they abandon the system so fast! TalesoHR looks cool but that`s about it. I have no idea why they do this.Where is Gravity Rush 2, that was announced last year???

I want to get either a PS4 or a XBone but at this point aside of Uncharted 4 (which will be awesome I think) I´m more interested in the games that got announced on XBone (I don`t really care for the whole 720p vs. 1080p discussion, since for me the games on PS4/XBone don`t look all that different to the last generation).

I hoped Sony would give me a better reason to get a PS4 sind I already have a VITA but honestly they failed...

Also the Conference was very boring at time. Cut 20 minutes and make it a bit tighter and more interesting!

To be fair usually Gamescom is their big Vita show, E3 has been the PS3/4 show for the past few years.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well, the VITA will be relevant once psnow is released world wide... with libaries from ps1/2/3 you will have tons of games to choose from

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can we please stop using those expressions? They're incredibly childish. Newsflash - a company doing business is interested in profit, stop the presses, people need to know! :rolleyes:

If we're going the $ony route, we might as well start saying Micro$oft, Nint€ndo, $EGA, €A, Ubi$oft, NI$, ATLU$... Damn, this is too easy. :rofl2:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please stop using those expressions? They're incredibly childish. Newsflash - a company doing business is interested in profit, stop the presses, people need to know! :rolleyes:

If we're going the $ony route, we might as well start saying Micro$oft, Nint€ndo, $EGA, €A, Ubi$oft, NI$, ATLU$... Damn, this is too easy. :rofl2:

Excuse me sir it's "Nintendough".

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Micro$oft? REALLY? M$ is what we use, GTFO.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair usually Gamescom is their big Vita show, E3 has been the PS3/4 show for the past few years.
Hopefully. I don`t really remember last year. I personally was hoping for PSO2 to be announced for the west so that`s essentially why I am so displeased with their showing...

well, the VITA will be relevant once psnow is released world wide... with libaries from ps1/2/3 you will have tons of games to choose from
I´m not really interested in PSNow, since I own all the consoles mentioned above. I also have no problem downloading stuff so I don`t see the benefit in streaming things. I like to wait for stuff, since it kinda simulate the experience you have when you go out to get a game :P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully. I don`t really remember last year. I personally was hoping for PSO2 to be announced for the west so that`s essentially why I am so displeased with their showing...

Well no offense but that's kinda just a pipe dream. It's a very Japanese-oriented title that's a MMO nonetheless. MMOs already have a hard time breaking through in the western market at least, I mean they've killed entirely developers, let alone a Japanese one on a pretty scarce handheld.

I'd just say not to judge an entire offering based on "they didn't have the one niche game I wanted". Admittedly I wish there was more Vita stuff, as almost every "announcement" for it was crossbuy/play, but it may just settle as a PS4 accessory.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldnt have hurt to announce something along the lines of san andreas stories for vita after they announced gtav ports
A gow game would have been good too
Tgs and gamescom it should get something though

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well no offense but that's kinda just a pipe dream. It's a very Japanese-oriented title that's a MMO nonetheless. MMOs already have a hard time breaking through in the western market at least, I mean they've killed entirely developers, let alone a Japanese one on a pretty scarce handheld.

I'd just say not to judge an entire offering based on "they didn't have the one niche game I wanted". Admittedly I wish there was more Vita stuff, as almost every "announcement" for it was crossbuy/play, but it may just settle as a PS4 accessory.
Since up until now every entry in the series was localized (with the exception of I think two versions, which only came out in Japan and in the US) so I think it is pretty legitimate to expect at least a western release of the PC version, even though I would prefer the Vita-version... One can hope :D

But I think even with an PSO2 announcement Vita owners would be dissatisfied with what they`ve shown for the system. Just for me personally it would have been enough to make me happy. I think I didn`t make that very clear tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: