Sony E3 2014 Conference - Now Finished

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
On one hand, I can understand why their focus was strongly on the PS4. On the other hand, damn guys, you've got a handheld, you know. I guess there isn't much they could really announce though. For the most part, Vita game announcements just kinda happen when they happen. We already know about just about all of the major releases planned for the next few months, and I'm sure developers will announce more for the Vita as the months roll on.

Anyways, my impressions of E3 up to this point:
Okay
Suck
Suck
Decent

As predicted, E3 has brought just about nothing really great to the table. Let's face it all, it's kind of useless these days. Also, anybody expecting Nintendo to blow Sony and Microsoft out of the water: lol. I'm ridiculously positive that Nintendo will show nothing of surprise in their Direct. We all know exactly what Nintendo has to offer year after year after year. The offerings don't change. At all. Ever.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
As expected, E3 has been extremely underwhelming thus far. I have half a mind to pass on Nintendo's conference tomorrow as to not waste my time any further.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol they didn't call it Vita TV. Even Sony knows Vita isn't worth it anymore and good call. :/

So techically would it count towards Vita sales abroad like in Japanese sale charts as it's called PSTV now.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...
-Grim Fandango and Tim "Quirkmaster" Schafer
-PS Vita TV (This is still a thing?)

Call me a bit shocked on Grim Fandango, but then again, I don't really care since I've never been a fan of the Lucas Arts Adventure games, cool for those who do though.

YES!!!!!! Finally. Will be buying one of these now, have been patiently waiting for the Vita TV to come out here since they announced the JPN version last year, so happy to hear about that.

Had to google Grim Fandango after the conference. Still don't know what it is.

See Lucas Arts Adv. games, you know the golden age, when almost every game that the game company that George Lucas owned actually made good games, as impossible as that sounds.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my Vita is a Deadweight I guess :shit:

Really sucks $ony doesn't even give a damn anymore about competing with Nintendo on the handheld front......ugh what a waste of potential

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
E3 is a liitle bit disappointing. I was hoping for at least one game which is a really big step between the console generations, but it seems "next generation" is old concepts with nicer graphics and more NPCs.
Sony and microsoft had both solid conferences. Sony pleases my personal taste of games more than microsoft, but this is just a very personal opinion. EA and Ubisoft play it safe with their mainstream franchises.
So far there was no "Do you remember E3 2014?"-moment.

Reactions: iamatmylimit

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think E3 died after like 2004,back in the day when they announced games the crowd went wild and we had crap video/audio back then yet people still went crazy. Now 10 years later we got all this HD nonsense and audio technology that can pickup ant farts and when someone announces a game its like a funeral. No one cares. If that wasnt bad enough E3 went full retard and made it so "the general public aka gamers" cant go to E3,you have to be in the gaming business to go which makes no sense. Magazine writers who ALREADY get pictures/previews of games coming out get to go to E3 for guess what? to see the same games they ALREADY saw in thier little magazine pictures. I can see Myamoto going because he made the game hes showing off but i dont get the logic in a website reviewer,youtube reviewer,magazine writer etc going. E3 should be for people to go who have no clue whats coming out so it builds awareness/excitement etc...

I would pick apart Sony right now but like the guy above me said "it's in the bag for nintendo pwning e3"

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. You don't seem to understand the expression. You spell (for instance) Microsoft as "Micro$oft" because they're known to do things only for the money. It doesn't apply to Sony because they actually care and do what they need to make their gamers happy.
AAHHHhahaha!! Fukkin hell fire I've heard it all! :lol: Absolute bollocks - if you don't mind having the wool pulled over your eyes then you carry on believing stuff like that, tooth fairy, etc.... But they're all in it to make money, that includes Nintendo.... Gathering a loyal fanbase is of course a great business model but don't think for one second they're doing it for anything else other than $$$.

I've not watched, & probably won't bother watching the Sony show, so just picked out the news on the games - couple of interesting titles there, but the general consensus was not as good as MS's show. ...Which isn't a problem really, Sony are winning the sales war, so all they needed to do was show up, and whap a couple of new games up. Grim Fandango reboot has me interested, Bloodborne also good (PS4 exclusive too - nice!).

Nintendo next then! And if you're reading this Iwata (I suspect this is unlikely :lol: ) - Zelda Wii U or GTFO....

Reactions: TyBlood13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.