Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony-playstation-logo.png
e3-electronic-entertainment-expo-logo.png

:arrow:Watch Live
:arrow:Alternative live stream
It starts at 2am UK time (one world clock).
:arrow:GBAtemp Chatroom

Right now Sony are back at the front of the home console games world with their PS4. However games seem a bit thin on the ground and they seem to still be trying to get exclusives of note. If they do not put in a good E3 showing, or at least promise many games, especially on their slightly ailing Vita, then the illusion may gain a few cracks. Nobody is quite sure what to expect but they do hold the keys to several well liked franchises that have not seen entries both in a year or two and on the PS4. Still The Last Guardian (Team Ico's new game) has not been seen for a while, Quantic Dream have not yet given a name to their new game and Naughty Dog (the Uncharted series) also have an otherwise unannounced game. It seems to be all the rage to bring back titles you have not heard of in many years as well, given Sony has now been in the game and aggressively gaining intellectual properties for 20 years they have quite a bit to pick from.

Destiny.
Start as you mean to go on and they start with Destiny. Setup is a bit standard but looks like some fighting, shooting, powers, vehicles and a nice art style.
Beta on 17th of July.
A white PS4 bundle with Destiny, 9th of September to go with the game.
Some DLC is apparently exclusive.

The order 1886. Still had the "like gears of war" thing hovering over it but could well stand on its own.

Entwined. Sony did kick off the "we like indy devs" thing (give or take really old consoles and the PC) and it looks like they are continuing. Entwined looked like audiosurf meets a twin stick shooter. $10 gets you it right now for the PS4. PS3 and Vita versions also to come via crossbuy.

Infamous Second son standalone DLC. At some point this August. Most of the rest was CGI.

Little Big Planet 3.
More depth, more features, more characters and some co-op. Basically the usual sequel stuff, though given LBP did many things right that is not so bad. Out in November they say.
Apparently backwards compatible with old user made levels.

Bloodborne. Dark/Demon's souls developer's new title. Some nice lighting in their CGI, not sure what else to say other than it is their usual European gothic with a Japanese twist.
Coming 2015

Far Cry 4 had another spot. We already saw the first few minutes in the dev's own presentation. Now it looks like we have some gameplay. Quite explosion filled and action heavy (up to and including a wingsuit and a gyrocopter sequence), maybe not as much as the far cry spinoff but quite a bit. It is maybe not quite Just Cause 2 levels but as the kids might say Far cry 4 is "biting its style". PS4 has the home console equivalent of single pak play over PSN.

Dead Island 2 had a CGI video.Set in a beach location, seemingly in the US.

Diablo 3 has 19th August release of an expansion with zombies.

Disney Infinity 2 is coming, apparently with some Disney/Marvel exclusive content.

Magicka 2 is set to appear at some point.

Grim Fandango appears to be the first main title in the "game we have not seen for a while" to get a remaster. PS4 and vita exclusive.

Every presentation must have an indie section it seems like, Sony are no exception. That said they are sequels and ports of many now classic PC titles.

Let it die... PS4 exclusive in 2015. Japanese horror and shooting madness, by way of the end of infernal affairs according to the trailer. They seemed to sneak a bit of live action into the CGI so yay?

ABZU -- maybe some hippy themed diving simulator/"experience".

No Man's Sky.
It seems someone saw the likes of either all those indy games with procedural generation or those attempts by Russian devs to do the same in 3d and thought they would have a go. However they made a nice colourful game in the attempt.

Youtube, the ability to commentate upon other people is also to be a thing. Some more free to play games (apparently they "mean" free to play, whatever that means).

PSNow. Available in the US and Canada, 31st of July sees open beta. PS3 and Vita shortly after that.

PSNow "experience" to select TVs from Sony.

Remote play for tales of hearts R, child of light, tales of borderlands.

Minecraft, full console version no less, for vita.

playstation TV. Vita TV box, however with remote play and classics and whatever it apparently can do some things.
$99 USD.
$139 comes with controller, memory card, the device and a game ticket.

Mortal Kombat X.
Looks like a return to a somewhat more classic mortal kombat style.

Powers. New original TV show from a fair heavyweight at Marvel. December for various playstation consoles and related services. Comes for free with US PSN+.

Ratchet and Clank the movie. In cinemas in 2015.

29th July this year will see the PS4 remake/remastered version of The Last of Us.

Metal gear solid 5. The Phantom pain.
I am sure it was very thrilling for people that have a clue what the characters are about these days. I did not so I just got to watch some CGI.

GTA5 is getting a PS4 port in 2014's Autumn. Online save porting from the older consoles (both of them) is apparently a thing.

Batman game from rocksteady, called Batman Arkham Knight. Apparently batman can basically fly and there is a batmobile as well.

To finish it seems we have a teaser, albeit "Captured directly on PS4 hardware", for an Uncharted game (Uncharted 4, a thief's end).

Reactions: Gahars

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project Beast and Uncharted are the only two games that I'm sure will be there. Can't really think of anything else at the moment.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am really looking forward to this one. Show me some Uncharted, mix with a little Last Guardian (which hopefully has made the transition to PS4) and maybe a bigger showing from From Softwares new title and I'll be happy. A new Jak And Daxter wouldn't go a miss either.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sony has to be better than the others.

It won't be hard really, Microsoft was decent although they didn't really show anything really big and new, EA was like yeah see how we're really working on games you already know exist, gaem isn't even in beta but we're working on it (and ***ing sports, who cares), and Ubisoft was slightly better with at least rainbow six, but that's not gonna make me blow my pants.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
THE ORDER 1886 FUCK FUCK FUCKING YEAH <3<3
Alsp LBP3 <3
Blondborne looks really neato.
Grim Fandango <3
Abzu looks incredible, must have game for me.
No mans sky looks neat, idk it tho but might play it one day.
And ofcourse Uncharted 4.

Seriously tho, Last of us remaster on PS4...
Bit to early for that.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: