Hacking Sony discs good?

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are sony discs good for burning wii games? I haven't heard alot of info about sony discs. I have been to alot of stores in Canada and no see to sell Verbatim or TY. So the only ones I can get is Sony,mermorex and well maxell. Help me out Thanks

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are sony discs good for burning wii games? I haven't heard alot of info about sony discs. I have been to alot of stores in Canada and no see to sell Verbatim or TY. So the only ones I can get is Sony,mermorex and well maxell. Help me out Thanks
Try buying some Taio Yuden from www.blankmedia.ca, that is where I get my discs, TYG02 Media Code. Sony is okay, but not the best. Be sure to get DVD-R as I had serious issues with the DVD+R Sony's with my Pioneer burners and Wii.

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya i heard wii has problems with +R and makes a werid sound. But the problem is i can't order online. Parents don't let me. Sucks...
cry.gif

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use sony dvd+r and dvd-r on my gamecube and they work perfectily, with the well known riteks i get read errors, so sony disc should be also good for wii
wink.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have used Imation 16x DVD-R and Sony 8x DVD+R and have had working and non working disks on both. Once I figured out what speed the disks actually like and with what program, I can pretty much burn a working disk every time. Between my wife and I we've put loads of hours on Excite Truck, which was burned on the Sony disk and not a single DRE ever.

For the record, I have used the DVD+R disks with both + and - booktypes and have noticed no difference in number of working disks compared to non working disks with either. I use WiiFree.

I'm getting low on both types but I'm going to try something different. I think I'll go with Sony 16x DVD-R if I can find them cheap. Otherwise I've heard loads of people swearing by Verbatim and TY, so I'll maybe pricewatch those and go with whatever's cheaper.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
What's the deal with +R's? All of my wii games are on +R media and have had absolutely no problems with them. I heard how many drives seem to react differently with different media but what issue are you having? What's the "weird sound" that is being heard?

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My burner likes burning at 8x. I get lower quality burns writing at 16x. Sony dvd media is amazing. stay away from their cd-r's though. I would also stay away from Imation dvd media as well.

1st = Yudens
2nd = Sony's
3rd = Verbatim, TDK or Maxell as long as they weren't outsourced to a crappy company/country.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
yep some sonys are TYs also some a RICOHJPN from memory, also very good... they vary in quality and its hard to say which is which. In general, they are decent

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with +R's? All of my wii games are on +R media and have had absolutely no problems with them. I heard how many drives seem to react differently with different media but what issue are you having? What's the "weird sound" that is being heard?

I said that phillips +r disc aren't good because they are made by a different(worse) brand, generally +r doesn't mean that it won't work

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the stupidest thing happened to me yesterday. Remember i said i had no access to the internet. Well there shop is TWO blocks alway from my house XD........ I went there yesterday and i got my 300 TYs YAY and it only costed like 10 dollars for 50 discs. (Got this because they are chinese and my parents were able to talk with them and they give me a REALLY good discount)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer