Sonic Mania pre-order trailer - releases 15th August 2017

SEGA have today unveiled the release date for Sonia Mania - the return-to-roots, classic 2D entry in the Sonic series, following in the footsteps of the Mega Drive classics.

Sonic Mania is due for release worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC on the 15th August 2017.

The trailer unveils a new zone for Sonic Mania - Stardust Speedway (Past) originally featured in Sonic CD (1993) and shows off traditionally animated scenes that are potentially to be used as FMV style cut-scenes for the final game.

Pre-orders are now open for for digital copies of the game and can be found by following the links below.

:arrow: PlayStation Store - Sonic Mania
:arrow: Microsoft Store - Sonic Mania
:arrow: Steam - Sonic Mania

:arrow: Sonic Mania pre-order trailer

Last edited by shaunj66,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the name really thought out for this game? Sonic mania, hmmm.... Micky Mania Anyone? :creep:

If sonic chaos wasn't already a video game for master system/game gear, it would be perfect name for this title. They had a game called wacky worlds for genesis, maybe sonic wacky worlds, wait, sonic lost world already exist. Okay sega used all the good names already to even give this game a decent title.

Maybe have sonic tails and knuckles play at the same time, like sonic advance 3, then call it sonic heroes classic edition.

scheroes.png

Image639.png

Okay..... the name is not as easy as it seems. O_O

Reactions: BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Was the name really thought out for this game? Sonic mania, hmmm.... Micky Mania Anyone? :creep:

If sonic chaos wasn't already a video game for master system/game gear, it would be perfect name for this title. They had a game called wacky worlds for genesis, maybe sonic wacky worlds, wait, sonic lost world already exist. Okay sega used all the good names already to even give this game a decent title.

Maybe have sonic tails and knuckles play at the same time, like sonic advance 3, then call it sonic heroes classic edition.

scheroes.png

Image639.png

Okay..... the name is not as easy as it seems. O_O
i played a lot classic heroes XD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played a lot classic heroes XD
I'm more concerned about the name, sonic games usually get very bad name for the titles. (THEY USED THE NAME SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TWICE) 1991 genesis, 2006 PS3/360. Now people will be confused which one is the GOOD one. :wtf:

Maybe sonic classic adventures, or Super sonic adventures. Sega used all the decent names and didn't make a more impression for memorable name for it. Sonic blast on game gear, they could used it for this game too. Cause is like blast from the past, or just "Blast process" their way like they used to.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm more concerned about the name, sonic games usually get very bad name for the titles. (THEY USED THE NAME SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TWICE) 1991 genesis, 2006 PS3/360. Now people will be confused which one is the GOOD one. :wtf:

Maybe sonic classic adventures, or Super sonic adventures. Sega used all the decent names and didn't make a more impression for memorable name for it. Sonic blast on game gear, they could used it for this game too. Cause is like blast from the past, or just "Blast process" their way like they used to.
the BLAST on the game gear names is to reference Sonic 3D blast from genesis since BLAST was inpired on 3D blast, classic heroes looks a good name for me

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, $20 for Sonic mania? That's a steal! Definitely a day one purchase for me on switch. Shame there isn't a physical version though.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Ok... so you all get a chance to rename the new game.... what would it be?

for me i would call it "Sonic... its about time they listened to the fans and designed another game from the Megadrive Era"

J/K.... im not really. im happy with sonic mania the title fits or you could call it sonic the hedgehog 4 because all other games after the megadrive series took it in the wrong direction and it showed (thats the real reason why sega got out of hardware gig!)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... so you all get a chance to rename the new game.... what would it be?

for me i would call it "Sonic... its about time they listened to the fans and designed another game from the Megadrive Era"

J/K.... im not really. im happy with sonic mania the title fits or you could call it sonic the hedgehog 4 because all other games after the megadrive series took it in the wrong direction and it showed (thats the real reason why sega got out of hardware gig!)
There is already a sonic 4, and this game isn't much of a squeal, is more of a remix. Maybe Super Sonic HD Remix. :P

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be honest, I've been that disappointed with Sonic games in the last 20 years I was still meh at previous videos of this... but after watching THAT, whoa bring it on!! Literally cannot wait for this, hell I'll probably get 2 copies, especially if that animation stays in!:wub:

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
There is already a sonic 4, and this game isn't much of a squeal, is more of a remix. Maybe Super Sonic HD Remix. :P

i know there was a sonic 4 but all games after sonic 3/K was on newer consoles they could call it sonic 4 and nothing could stop sonic going back to previous stages played on sonic 1/2/3K.. it would be like going to a town in 1990's and then revisiting it 27 years later showing how much its changed and improved "Insert story line just..........Here"

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know there was a sonic 4 but all games after sonic 3/K was on newer consoles they could call it sonic 4 and nothing could stop sonic going back to previous stages played on sonic 1/2/3K.. it would be like going to a town in 1990's and then revisiting it 27 years later showing how much its changed and improved "Insert story line just..........Here"
I guess but sonic 4 was more like a genesis game so it made sense, sonic adventure was a bigger thing to expand and explore on, then all other games was just 3d sonic games. Had it called sonic 4 when sonic 3d blast or any other sonic game was coming out, It all be just like Final fantasy with games have numeric sequels with nothing to do with each other unless they gave it a even dumber name. Final fantasy X-2 Final fantasy XIII-2 Final fantasy VII Crisis Core.

More like mega man series where they have separate series of games with numeric names. When everyone thought sonic heroes may be sonic adventure 3, but then just stopped at 2. (Maybe a third game will rise one day)

For all i care, they can steal the title from many dozen of sonic fan game/ rom hacks. Call it sonic time twisted. Sonic DC (cause cd spell backwards, now it look like a time period :P ) Sonic Ages.

SONIC AGES! Perfect name. Just like the SEGA AGES COLLECTION. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sega doing something beyond right? This better sell gangbusters so they know they need to do this sort of thing more often.
Also remember this is one of the 2 games they choose as flagship for sonic 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY WHICH WAS LAST YEAR. O_O

Reactions: osaka35 and Jayro

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt nintendo started pre order services for digital titles on switch yet. Still is not that bad, is digital so is not like standing in line to buy a game that can run out of copies. But yeah it means a small bit of time downloading a game that isn't already set up yet. But Again, switch hasn't started a pre order for digital service yet. Besides is like 3 months before is even out. So Least wait a bit longer before they can least see if they will add it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-