Sonic Frontiers: World Premiere gameplay trailer

After teasing a first-look at Sonic Frontiers, IGN has revealed the world premiere gameplay showcase for the game. The 7-minute video sees Sonic traveling through an open world, sparsely decorated with things you'd expect to see in a Sonic game: rings, springs, and rails. There's a large tower ala typical other open world games, that Sonic can climb to the top of. There are puzzles to solve that can unlock new areas, as well. Sonic Frontiers will be out before the end of the year, with more gameplay scheduled to be shown next week.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we just enjoy a Sonic game for what it is and not be judgemental? This is why I don't listen to Sonic Fans cus they nicpick over everything or say "this is not I wanted or this isn't how a Sonic game should be" to the point they start sounding like a bunch of confederates.
A Sonic Game's a Sonic Game. Be thankful it's not Sonic '06 and everything's fine!

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've always been into the idea of a Sonic open world game, feel being able to run super fast in a massive world, like, up and down and all around and such, up walls, on the water and whatnot would've been hella cool...
Trailer isn't super inspiring... welp, guess Sega fucked it up after all, despite me telling them not to :/

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, this doesn't even look that bad. It's interesting at least. I don't even mind mostly empty open worlds since I grew up on GTA. All they need to do is go the Tony Hawk route and add lots of things you can jump or parkour off of so going from point A to point B has the potential for fun.

Reactions: SS4

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The combat gameplay looks really boring and slow, too.

I seriously hope Frontiers becomes a good, no, a great game. I'm tired of bad Sonic games. 😑

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who chooses a build that is old to showcase their game? lol and 6 months is nothing cosidering 2 of them are probably set for mass production, and with the track record of the sonic team to send unfinished games out of the door, this will just be another one imo.

Reminds me of people saying theres still 8 months left for pokemon legends arceus, for sure they will improve the graphics, and they didnt lol.

The game needs to be close to finished by now, and the last couple of months are for fixing bugs and crashes mostly, not for making worldbuilding or radical changes, or else they wont have time to fix the bugs before release.

this will either be delayed or sent off as is.
and of course, it was an early build, still, that's very bad for marketing and they're probably gonna regret doing that.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trailer:

This does not make me wanna play it or feel slightly excited. 😑 Sonic Frontiers still looks boring, empty, and dull.

I guess Adventure fans will enjoy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...