Sonic 3 And Knuckles (even when patched and renamed to .gen) doesn't work on TWiLight Menu

KermitPrplYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the rom, renamed it to a .gen file, and I even tested it on an emulator. but neither of them work. PicoDrive straight up freezes and jEnesisDS won't even boot. it just puts me at a screen that looks like the menu when you press Y even though I pressed A, but with no text.

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you will allow me to remark, it is better to play the version of Sonic classic colection

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that's what they used.
I patched the rom, renamed it to a .gen file, and I even tested it on an emulator. but neither of them work. PicoDrive straight up freezes and jEnesisDS won't even boot. it just puts me at a screen that looks like the menu when you press Y even though I pressed A, but with no text.
Is Unlaunch installed?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I'm using a flashcart (specifically an Ace3ds+ Clone)
Is unlaunch compatible with flashcarts?
No, it is not.
I've assumed you're not using one, considering the errors you're getting.
Turned out I've misunderstood the error. The message you're supposed to be getting should say that the ROM is larger than 3MB, and to (afaik) to use a different emulator (such as PicoDrive).
The text will appear again in the next version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j