Misc Something's wrong with my Wii Message Board

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem regarding Mario Kart Wii competitions, which is that it isn't sending any messages to my Wii Message Board. Here's a link on what it is. I set it up and followed all instructions. To clarify, I am getting competitions, and they work fine. They arrive on the Mario Kart Channel, I can play them, and I can send my record, it's just the announcement letters don't come. It may not seem like a big deal for others, but I honestly really wanted them. I've already turned off and on the message delivery service in MKW dozens of times, and turned off and on WiiConnect24 dozens of times too, but still no avail. But, I've set up my Wii with Riiconnect24. It would replace Wiiconnect24, or at least, the News Channel. This was back in May, when it was still not fully ready. It required a DNS change, and installing a patched IOS31. I already created a new connection and installed an unpatched IOS31 from NUS Downloader, and RC24 was no longer on my system. However, the same problem still remains. I still can play competitions, but not receive announcement letters while and while not having Riiconnect24 installed. So RC24 isn't the problem. I've also checked to see if I could get letters in my message board in the first place, so I went into Super Mario Galaxy, took a picture of my Star list, sent it to the Message Board, and turned off my Wii, and sure enough, my slot light lit up, and I had a picture of my star list on the message board. So my Wii CAN receive messages. I honestly don't know what's wrong. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
comppatch.PNG

Attachments

• comppatch.PNG
    comppatch.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 526

feugatos

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but I'm also having this exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it somehow?

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RiiConnect24 seems to mess with competition messages. This would probably need to be fixed by the RiiConnect24 team. You are not the first to report that RiiConnect24 breaks the competition letters.

Reactions: John256145

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but I'm also having this exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it somehow?
I actually have never gotten them to work :(

Now that I think about it, it seems like no one has actually gotten any MKW competition messages. Or at least I haven't seen/heard of it happening to anyone.
I actually sent a message to my email using the wii message board and it worked, as well as when I replied. So I guess I would say my message board is fine right now.

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I have the same problem but in reverse. I can receive competition letters from Wiimmfi, but none of my own email(ever since I patched my MK Competitions).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.